Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No Friends?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:11 PM
  • 38 Replies

Is there anyone out there that has no friends/ very little friends?

I have two friends, One I am super close to but she is busy so much and one that I used to be cloes to but we are drifting away.

I just feel like such a loser. I have no social life whatsoever, I don't get along with most of my family so I can't really count on them when I need advice or help and I certinally don't hang out with them or do fun things with them.

My husband is not a very emotional guy most of the time, so I am sure he gets tired of hearing my problems.

Anyone else in this boat?

I feel so lonely most of the time and have no idea how to make friends anymore. I just feel like most people can't relate to me.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom_4kiddos
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:14 PM

I'm the smae way. I have family but they live about 40 miles and don't always talk to them.. It's not the same as having a friend to talk to.
My friends I do have are back in my hometown and talk on the phone time-to-time and emails.

It would be nice to have someone closer for a friend.

montessori_mama
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:17 PM

I can definitely relate.  I was just crying to my poor husband about this last night.  I actually have some of the most incredible friends in the world, but they're all on the mainland, thousands of miles away, with a 17 hour time difference.  We've lived here 6 months, and I still have no one I can call when I want to get together.  It's hard to keep up with my friends in other parts of the world enough to make me feel connected, given the time difference.  It's all online, and it's just not the same.  Sometimes you want a friend you can call for coffee, or just to come over when you need it.

QuickMomma
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Nope I have no friends.I lost them all when I got pregnant with my daughter then moved away when I was 5 months.I feel like a loser to and wish I had some friends.I have some girls that I use to be friends with that I talk to once in awhile but thats it.

I have gone to mommy groups but did not make any friends there.I met one girl who only wanted to do things when she had nothing better to do which was hardly ever.I dont want someone like that.SO yea...

lisajellybean
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Dont feel bad sweetie i am in the same boat. I have some friends but they were old drinking buddies so they only call when they want to go out & i rarely ever go out. My best friend is also my cousin. The only people i do anything with is my hubby, my parents & my sister & brother in law, so yep i know how u feel  

snowman-christmas.gif image by commenthaven

TwitchyPookie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:19 PM

My one true best friend lives all the way in TX. I live in KY. Another good friend lives in GA. And I am just starting to get to know one of my hubbies friends gf. But I don't really get to go out and do much since I have 3 kids and she just had her first baby. Plus with the cold weather it's hard to take babies out and about. My days are spent at home watching kids, and maybe seeing some of my hubbies friends who I know but am not close to personally.

~Heather~Wife to Nathaniel~Mommy to Chavelle/Micheal/Hecate~
25beengoodtome
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Try NOT talking about the bummer things, talk about funny things or things you'd enjoy getting involved in, try  some volunteer work. 

~Marie - I'm Absolutely ADDICTED TO CAFEMOM - and loving it!!
ErikaM27
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:21 PM

i only have my best friend 2 sil's and my own sister. I dont have anyfriends in my life plus everyone is out of town i dont talk to dh's family either. yeah it's hard plus i dont open up to new people so easily i prefer to go out with one person than to go out with a bunch of women kwim?

Richys_Girl
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:21 PM

I have no friends at all.

:( I feel like a degenerate.

christmas storyI Tripple Dog Dare You I xxchelseaA Christmas Story

CRZNKMZMOMMA
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:22 PM

im the same way always alone.. never no one there but kids.... i write alot of stuff thats all.. such a nerd..nerdy

mommibee
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:23 PM

I feel you.  I don't have many friends.  The friends I do have are like family though.  My best friend of 26 years I consider family.  It isn't the quantity of friends that matter but the quality.  Plus, I am new to the area where we live.  I have a couple of people who are my friends but I would not feel comfortable telling them my life story.  The friends I do have I have had for years and years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)