• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sears Portrait studio question

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:18 PM
  • 9 Replies

ok i called them and got NO answer. for the THIRD time

so im just wondering if they will allow me to bring a cake to use as a prop since its his 1st bday.

i would LOVE to do the pictures myself, but can never get a good one!! lol

I wear no uniforms, no blues or army greens. But I am in the military in the ranks rarely seen I have no rank upon my shoulders, salutes I do not give. But the military world is the place where I live. I'm not in the chain of command, orders I do not get. But my husband is the one who does, this I cannot forget. I'm not the one who fires the weapon, who puts my life on the line. But my job is just as tough. I'm the one that's left behind. My husband is a patriot, a brave and prideful man, And the call to serve his country, not all can understand. Behind the lines I see the things needed to keep this country free. My husband makes the sacrifice, but so do our kids and me. I love the man I married. Patriotism is his life. But I stand among the silent ranks known as the military wife.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mom_love07
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:23 PM

I am not 100% on this but I think they will. I know a few friends who got them taken and have a cake pic too, but I am not sure where they gotten them taken. Just last week i got my dd taken for Christmas/2nd bday. and we brought her doll along.

may not be the same thing, but I think they would probably let you.

I could give the one near me a call and see what they say too.

*Stefan Salvatore is my Edward Cullen.*

25beengoodtome
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:23 PM

Are you thinking of some huge prop? I'd think a photo studio would have props on site. 

~Marie - I'm Absolutely ADDICTED TO CAFEMOM - and loving it!!
USMCBride08
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Quoting 25beengoodtome:

Are you thinking of some huge prop? I'd think a photo studio would have props on site. 

no im just thinking of an actual cake....

I wear no uniforms, no blues or army greens. But I am in the military in the ranks rarely seen I have no rank upon my shoulders, salutes I do not give. But the military world is the place where I live. I'm not in the chain of command, orders I do not get. But my husband is the one who does, this I cannot forget. I'm not the one who fires the weapon, who puts my life on the line. But my job is just as tough. I'm the one that's left behind. My husband is a patriot, a brave and prideful man, And the call to serve his country, not all can understand. Behind the lines I see the things needed to keep this country free. My husband makes the sacrifice, but so do our kids and me. I love the man I married. Patriotism is his life. But I stand among the silent ranks known as the military wife.

parkerkamismom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:25 PM

I think if you go through the Sears website you'll get a number where they have people to schedule appointments, etc. and I'm sure someone can answer your question.  If you're calling the store directly, it will take FOREVER to get someone to answer. 

mom_love07
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Quoting parkerkamismom:

I think if you go through the Sears website you'll get a number where they have people to schedule appointments, etc. and I'm sure someone can answer your question.  If you're calling the store directly, it will take FOREVER to get someone to answer. 

yeah. they give this number on the site 888-portrait. so try seeing if you can get an answer there. GL!

*Stefan Salvatore is my Edward Cullen.*

JustMe0326
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Yes. My fiance works for Sears and their portrait studio is the only place we go. You can bring whatever props you want, or you can use theirs.

mandalouwhotn
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:45 PM

Yep and they will let him eat it and take pics while he does it...so adorable!  I did it with my 7 yr old!

KandiceN
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:47 PM

I think so.  When we had my kids pictures done the girl asked if we brought anything to use but we didn't.

I like Sears, it was our first time going there and the pictures came out sooo cute.

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - (Cibd)

darcyk10
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:47 PM

I used to work at jcpenneys and if you bring a towel to them or blanket you can but they would rather it be fake. But jcpenney is way cheaper with the coupon from the magazines. I hate sears LOL :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)