• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Omg help Legal question

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:31 PM
  • 8 Replies

Just a little bit ago I put up a post about how my ex is supposedly in jail but I dont believe him. Well I just got to thinking about the reason why he is supposedly in jail and now im getting nervous.

Ok he is supposedly in jail for stealing scrap metal. Alot of the money he made went to me for christmas. I DID NOT know the stuff was stolen..He told me that him and his friend knew this guy who signed a paper for them to take and get rid of all the scrap on his property. I believed him. but now i'm thinking what if they ask him what he did with the money and he says he gave it to me?? Will I get in trouble for recieveing stolen property or whatever? I swear I didnt know he was stealing the scrap..I am very against theft!!! He gave me about $800 all together. I spent it all on christmas presesnts.

I'm still not positive if he is in jail or if this is some big hoax but his brother in law told me its true and he's facing 4 felony charges. I'm starting to think hes really in jail.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
charmgirl
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:11 PM

SO why dont you just call the jail and find out?

kagegirl
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:14 PM
First, no, they will not make you give the money back. They will make him do that. Your not the one who stole it. So calm down. And I agree with the PP, just call the jail and find out.

ktwister
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Why don't you call the county/city jail and ask if they have him in custody. 

Some of them have an automated number that you can search by name.  It can take around 4 hrs for them to get booked in.

mommy2twoangel
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:18 PM
Call the jail and find out. He will be responsible for the money not you. If he went out and spent the money in the stores, they wouldn't go to all the stores and ask for it back. Also, didn't you say earlier that he was in jail with his BIL and that he was using BIL's phone to call you??? So is BIL not in jail anymore??
sgtdemanda
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:22 PM

You didn't know where that money came right?  You had no idea it came from any kind of criminal activity right?  Then you're fine.  I doubt he'd get you involved (well at least I hope he wouldn't - that would be really stupid!) but even if the police do want to talk to you, you have no criminal responsibility here, so just relax.

As an aside the dude sounds like a douchebag.  I would tire VERY quickly of the stupid drama he's causing, whether the jail bit is true or not.  I don't know about your system down there but up here in Canada there are only certain reasons for not being released from when someone is arrested for a crime.  If they ARE holding him in jail, they must have a good reason.  And if this is all a hoax...well...I

d be so pissed lol.

Good luck hun!

Quoting n03z07l08:

Just a little bit ago I put up a post about how my ex is supposedly in jail but I dont believe him. Well I just got to thinking about the reason why he is supposedly in jail and now im getting nervous.

Ok he is supposedly in jail for stealing scrap metal. Alot of the money he made went to me for christmas. I DID NOT know the stuff was stolen..He told me that him and his friend knew this guy who signed a paper for them to take and get rid of all the scrap on his property. I believed him. but now i'm thinking what if they ask him what he did with the money and he says he gave it to me?? Will I get in trouble for recieveing stolen property or whatever? I swear I didnt know he was stealing the scrap..I am very against theft!!! He gave me about $800 all together. I spent it all on christmas presesnts.

I'm still not positive if he is in jail or if this is some big hoax but his brother in law told me its true and he's facing 4 felony charges. I'm starting to think hes really in jail.

charmgirl
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:23 PM

And if they dont have him booked in the jail, then call central booking. Just save yourself from the headache, i think he's probably lying anyway.

Quoting ktwister:

Why don't you call the county/city jail and ask if they have him in custody. 

Some of them have an automated number that you can search by name.  It can take around 4 hrs for them to get booked in.

prestonjohn
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:43 PM

i have family friends in FL that got caught doing this,,they were arrested,,,if he lived with you then they might come after you,,but if not then i wouldnt worry about it

n03z07l08
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:40 PM

O he is definitley in jail. I just got really worried that I was going to get in trouble because he gave me the money. Like I said I had no clue he was stealing stuff.

And he has 3 brother in laws lol.

I didnt want to call...I think I was scared Idk im wierd but I talked to his sister and hes definitley there. He is facing 3 theft charges which I dont know how much time that might be.

I know it sounds crazy that I didnt believe him at first but it was just odd about him calling me and he has lied about crazy stuff before. I mean he has told some really screwed up lies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)