Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

recurring sty?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:40 PM
  • 5 Replies

Dalilah keeps getting a sty in the same place on her upper eye lid it pops heals and a few weeks later another one is there again. Anyone have any ideas why they keep coming back? I plan on talking to her doc when we go in for her 2 year checkup in feb but I thought maybe I could do something about it in the mean time.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LCWAmommy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Bump!! 

mybabyapples
by Purple People Eater on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:07 PM

For some reason certain people are more prone to getting them.I was one of them.My doctor suggested cleaning my eye lashes with baby shampoo, or even using a q tip with it and washing around my tear ducts..I swear it did the trick!! Every morning when i wake up and before i go to bed i wash my eye lashes.

Using a hot wet compress over the eyes even after they pop will help to bring out what ever is in the duct.Because she's only 2 you probably would want to use a wash cloth with the shampoo..She's probably rubbing her eyes alot causing the duct to get clogged.

I hope it clears up and they stop coming back! 

CafeMom Tickers
NewJoyOn1308
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:11 PM

My husband has had a recurring one for almost a year and has had it cut twice. I forgot what the doctor says causes them to come back, but other than putting heat on it and keeping her hands clean and away from her face, I'm not sure what else you can do. Good luck.

25beengoodtome
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Sounds like it could be some viral infection. 

~Marie - I'm Absolutely ADDICTED TO CAFEMOM - and loving it!!
kl08
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Oh how frustrating is that! I have never had one and don't know anything about them.  I wish I could hlep you out!  Best of luck to you in the situation!

Kylie,

www.jbandme.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)