• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Common Sense? (Abortion Post)

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:49 PM
  • 14 Replies

I saw another post which someone insinuated women would stop using birth control and just have elective abortions... And I thought about it for a second and realized how idiotic this statement sounded.

The vast majority of women who have elective abortions were using birth control at the time of conception. Women do not just go on having sex thinking, Oh I can just have an abortion a month... federal funding or not, it just doesn't work like that. 

It is still a surgical procedure that women do not take lightly, at least the majority.

Anyways, I am starting to think there is a large portion of our population that seriously lacks common sense.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

Mom to
Camden Kent 12/11/07
&
Benjamin Emil 05/17/09

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
randi1978
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Yeah, I read all that nonsense.  OMG, now that taxpayers will pay for it, we'll all stop whatever b/c we're taking and just run to the abortion clinic.  Yeah, mmmmkay.  Some people just look for reasons to bitch.

CTRedSoxMom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:52 PM

But it is no news that tax payers are ALREADY paying for it... LOL

Quoting randi1978:

Yeah, I read all that nonsense.  OMG, now that taxpayers will pay for it, we'll all stop whatever b/c we're taking and just run to the abortion clinic.  Yeah, mmmmkay.  Some people just look for reasons to bitch.

Mom to
Camden Kent 12/11/07
&
Benjamin Emil 05/17/09

Trisha-Faye

can I hear an amen brother?..(cause we all know women are too stupid to make choices for themselves...)

I am always amazed at how the Bible, that portrays my Lord embracing the outcasts, touching the lepers, welcoming the Samaritans, not judging the woman taken in the act of adultery, and inviting 'all of ye,' not 'some of ye,' to 'come unto me,' can, in the hands of a few distorted people be turned into a book of hatred, violence and judgment."  J.S. Spong

Liberal Catholic, pro-choice, anti-bigotry, refusing to stand silent and complicit, 30 yrs married, mom of 4, grandma of 2(and one to be).
mitch576

common sense... so damn rare, it's like a god damn super power.

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

come check out "the cafe" at cafe mom!!!! 

Join us at The Cafe - - Cafe Group Mod

MzSeXyC
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:53 PM

too many people lack common sense. its scary lol. 

simplee_me
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:54 PM

LOL. Common sense, not so common. LOL

Actually my hubs and I were talking about "Common sense" recently. And we came up with some weird thoughts.. LOL

Like. If the average brain weights around 3 lbs.  Most people use less than 10% of that brain. So in all reality,  "An Ounce Of Common Sense" may  actually be too much for some people to spare......  

usmommie2383
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:54 PM

clappingI agree

randi1978
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:55 PM

I know, the Hyde Amendment is a federal issue.  A lot of states have their own local taxes that fund elective abortions, not federal money.  It's no big surprise. 

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

But it is no news that tax payers are ALREADY paying for it... LOL

Quoting randi1978:

Lydiasmama354
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:59 PM

I think if people had more common sense they'd realize that a fetus is a life and they wouldn't be okay with killing it....JMO. 

feeding babytoddler girlin lovewearing crown

Loving wife to Chintan, Adored SAHM mommy to Lydia and Lucy, Addicted to my family, and  Follower of Christ

CTRedSoxMom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Common sense says there is so much more to a situation then a woman just wanting to "kill a baby".

Quoting Lydiasmama354:

I think if people had more common sense they'd realize that a fetus is a life and they wouldn't be okay with killing it....JMO. 

Mom to
Camden Kent 12/11/07
&
Benjamin Emil 05/17/09

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)