• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

rate me?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:04 PM
  • 12 Replies

i dont get these posts. i understand the curiosity behind what people think of your looks...however, i came across the post with the "honest" opinions...and i have to say, i thought it was just one woman's way of being able to say nasty things about other women and somehow have it justified by "being honest"....and it seemed like the only compliments she gave consisted of two words: "do you"...like, what? i saw so many beautiful women....yet so many of you guys were lining up to be "judged"....idk, i just think that telling someone "your face is too wide" or  "your lips are too big" or "your eyes are too squinty" is just picking....whose standards were these judgements based on? the OP'S? and who cares...to some of you who didnt get "rave reviews" you ARE beautiful women...who cares if someone thinks your eyebrows need tweezed, or your teeth are "too big" or whatever....

Amberbig smile minimommy to 3 and one on the way!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandalouwhotn
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:05 PM

I didn't get the whole "do you" thing, but it was an entertaining post.

lovemymarine306
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:08 PM

what makes me mad is that people do "rate me" posts, and then get mad when people give negative comments.  if people are fishing for compliments, then they should do a "tell me how hot I am" post...lol

amber0678
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:10 PM

i guess i just thought it wasnt funny...i kept thinking to myself "she's just nit-picking people.."

Quoting mandalouwhotn:

I didn't get the whole "do you" thing, but it was an entertaining post.

usmclife58
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:11 PM

If you don't like them or don't "get" them, then don't join them. Anyone that puts her pic and says "rate me" deserves whatever comments she gets. Don't ask if you don't want to know.

simplee_me
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:12 PM

I don't get them.

But I don't understand looking for, or needing, (or whatever) affirmations and ego strokes from complete strangers. Especially strangers that are (in reality) for the most part, nothing more than anonymous words typed on my computer screen.

eyeheartsin
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:13 PM

ehh. ..it's all fun and games until some one gets butt hurt. ..

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:15 PM

I don't see the point either but I have to say it was entertaining. some that were nitpicking had no room to nitpick about someone's looks.

amber0678
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:18 PM

actually, i didnt...i didnt even respond to the post or any of them, for that matter...i opened read thru them a little, and left...i never said i participated in one, you assumed.

Quoting usmclife58:

If you don't like them or don't "get" them, then don't join them. Anyone that puts her pic and says "rate me" deserves whatever comments she gets. Don't ask if you don't want to know.

savannahnhi
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:19 PM

it fun;

eyeheartsin
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:19 PM

which post was the nit-picking one?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)