• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas Overseas..read and reply very important for our soldiers

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:18 PM
  • 3 Replies

A teacher at our school asked my husband if he could find her a UNIT overseas to send Christmas cards to. He said he would have me do it since I can find anything. Well where better to find a unit than the actual soldier's moms, sisters, wives, and gfs. Id have the cards sent to my uncels unit but he comes home in Jan so it needs to be a set that are staying longer than that.

This is the real me...I am the 19 year old, mother of 3, with the pleasure of raising 2 and the knowledge that 1 is looking out for me as my guardian angel. I am the wife to a soilder of the US Army. I love my family and my friends. I get my feelings hurt easily when I am under attack, but I can usually forgive my attackers. I am my own person and I won't change for anyone. If you don't like me, that's ok, You're on the opposite side of a computer screen, and you can't hurt me with anything but words. You're not real in my mind. Because I have the power to sign off and ignore you. I will always be here though if ANYONE needs me...even if we have never seen eye to eye. I am me, if you can't handle that...oh well.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:22 PM

I don't feel comfortable posting my dh's address...for opsec reasons and because of the job he does...try checking adopt a soldier website or anysoldier.com that's a website i've heard of before but have not used. Bless her heart for wanting to do that....it will be greatly appreciated =)

mommy2twoangel
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:23 PM
My BIL is in Iraq with his unit. Let me think of the address and I will let you know.
ArmyWifeNoDrama
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Thanks. My husband's unit leaves in July. So next year we're sending to his unit. My cousin, Ashley, is overseas as a truckdriver. But she won't email me back so we can send her unit anything. And my uncle's unit comes home in a little less than a month so they don't need the cheering up. Any unit we get addresses for will get their Christmas cards and I will also be sending coffee to them from Dunkin Donuts. I will also be getting kids in my church to draw them pictures to send overseas to them. If anyone would like to send it to my person email, they can. My personal email is roozen.kc@comcast.net I check it once an hour.  I am trying to do good for them since so many have done good for us this season.

This is the real me...I am the 19 year old, mother of 3, with the pleasure of raising 2 and the knowledge that 1 is looking out for me as my guardian angel. I am the wife to a soilder of the US Army. I love my family and my friends. I get my feelings hurt easily when I am under attack, but I can usually forgive my attackers. I am my own person and I won't change for anyone. If you don't like me, that's ok, You're on the opposite side of a computer screen, and you can't hurt me with anything but words. You're not real in my mind. Because I have the power to sign off and ignore you. I will always be here though if ANYONE needs me...even if we have never seen eye to eye. I am me, if you can't handle that...oh well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)