Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i am going to lose it!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:34 PM
  • 11 Replies

ds is 11 months old. but i have to tell him "no!" constantly!! what is that?? i can tell him no with the same thing a million times and he still goes back to it! he's 11 months old! i feel like when we're not playing together, or when he's not eating, all i'm doing is telling him no. is that how its supposed to be?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:37 PM

yep I think dd thought her name was no no for the longest. Try redirection that helps. Also is your house babyproofed...he can play freely that way or get a fence enclosure thingy...that helps too.

mamaslilpunkin
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:38 PM

In a word,yes. 

Lilypie
hotmomma8869
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:39 PM

I agree. My dd just turned 3 and my ds is 2 and I am constantly telling them no. I don't know that it stops till they are well... I don't think it stops lol.

brittneyon
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:41 PM

we just moved in so not yet. our house is also pretty open so it'll be hard but we're gonna figure it out.

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

yep I think dd thought her name was no no for the longest. Try redirection that helps. Also is your house babyproofed...he can play freely that way or get a fence enclosure thingy...that helps too.

mimi_emc2
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:42 PM

my dd is 18 .5 months and i keep telling her no. My house is as babyproof as i can really get it. The problem is she likes to take my stuff and run or get in the dirry close. if i leave the bathroom door open she is in there. I cant even tell you all the things she ifgures out to do. She has been doing it to me all day and when I say no she grabs it and runs. I hate to say it but she is a brat...

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:43 PM

I had this for dd..and it helped when I needed to get things done. http://www.walmart.com/North-States-Superyard-Xt-Gate/ip/8457890

Quoting brittneyon:

we just moved in so not yet. our house is also pretty open so it'll be hard but we're gonna figure it out.

jodilara
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:44 PM

welcome to being a mom! Yes it does get agravating,but thats the way young children/toddlers are! Keep your cool it will be ok.

Herbalife Changing Peoples Lives One Person at a Time www.shopherbalife.com/jlara1
mrsverret
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Yep that sounds about right. I still am constantly telling my 19 month old son "no" constantly. Once they figure out something they're always wanting to do it. I agree with the person who said redirection. When he's doing something wrong tell him no but then get his attention with something else. It usually works. And other thing, be consistent.

mommasbabies77
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:46 PM
Oh yea. No becomes a common word. I try to use words other than no and that works.

Wendyburger
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Ok, how do I put this..duh!! Hes 11 months old, hes a baby. Of corse you have to tell him a million times. THATS children for ya..try removing the items he cant touch, or getting his attention with something else to distract him from what he should not be doing. And learn patience, hes young and you will be telling him no probably the rest of his life, get used to it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)