• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the best moisturizer to keep my face looking youthful?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:43 PM
  • 12 Replies

ANything helps!  thanks!

Now, i'll make like your personality, and SPLIT!!!
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StillMagnolia
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:44 PM

I want to know, too so here's a BUMP.

Proud Marine Corps Wife to Christopher and Mommy to 2 little monsters that look just like their Daddy!  :0)

BaisMom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:49 PM

It depends on what your budget is.

If we're talking drug store prices you should look into Olay Regenerist Moisturizing Serum. I used to use it a few years back and it was great! Olay also carries a collagen cream that actually works. [I know this because I had really deep laugh lines around my mouth for years and then I picked some up and it worked wonders].

If it's in your budget, you should check out the moisturizers from LUSH cosmetics. They have different moisturizers for different skin types. If you get the right one it will be amazing!

Young and single. Call me a statistic if you'd like, it doesn't change the fact that I am a smart, strong, and confident mother. There are also a number of other things that you might not like about me: I breastfed AND formula fed. My daughter is on a delayed vax'ing schedule. I had a c-section. Organic food is nasty. I don't spank, but I do whoop ass. I let my daughter get hurt and make mistakes, I want her to learn through experience, it's the best way. I am an Atheist, my daughter has never been to church nor read the bible. I don't believe that I need to look to a "god" to have morals. I believe in reason, science, the Earth, and I believe in PEOPLE. Despite my heathen ways, I have a pure heart <3 and my daughter is healthy, smart, happy, beautiful, and loving; and she knows she's loved.

cjsix
by faith on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:51 PM

I started using Bert's Bees baby massage oil ...the one I have is lemon oil,almond oil,and vitamin E  it works amazingly well.I have psorisis(very dry skin in my case,on my my forehead) and then the normal tiny lines frm getting older...the lines started going away after a few weeks and the psorisis has gotten much better when I use it all the time.Though it is oil it soaks in so quickly on me that within a few minutes there's just a wonderful healthy glow...no "greasyness".

The MIRACLE of  Christmas!    

MomX04
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:54 PM

Water, eating right, not smoking, not drinking alcohol or other diruretic beverages known to dry out skin.  Over the counter and even prescription moisturizers do little if anything long term for your skin, they are just a quick fix.

bablondie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:58 PM

I use Derma E glycolic acid cream 10% for exfoliating.

I use 100% Myuami's Squalane oil for moisture. It's the best oil on the market. I used to used Serious Skin Care's Olive Oil line: that's good too,.

MELE KALIKIMAKA

Tips, ideas, shopping, health, moms, Gluten-free, quick recipes, frugal living, reviews, weight loss efforts, funny stuff and more! bablondie.blogspot.com

Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:58 PM

I use Eucerin calming (its an all over moisturizer, but I like what it does for my face as well)

Photobucket

mom2four1978
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:02 PM

Drink lots of water and take omega-3 pills. The best drug store brand I have found is Roc. It has the same ingredients as high price brands.

~ LIZZY~

simplee_me
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:03 PM

What moisturizer you should use depends on:

Your skin type

Your age

Any specific issues you may have with your skin

Any allergies

and finally.

Your budget.

WildKat
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:05 PM

I am 40, so, going by your pic my skin is probably a little bit older than yours, LOL.  But my derm (I go for regular skin cancer screenings) swears by the Olay Regenerist line.  (I like the regenerist cleanser before bed) I've also read that products containing retinol are good for aging skin.  (I don't actually use them - they make my face itch.) 

I should also add - the FIRST thing out of my derms mouth when I asked about youthfulness was "you mean in addition to sunscreen every day, right?"  So yeah - sunscreen.  Every day.  Prevents wrinkles.  This time of year,  I personally go for a tinted moisturizer with SPF in there.  I'm not out in the sun much here in snowy NH.  I have a different regimen when it's warmer out.  (no moisturizer, more sunscreen, and a different cleanser that prevents breakouts with salicyclic acid)

ETA:  I should also say - I like Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion.  But it doesn't have SPF in it - I think they have another moisturizer that does, though.  Something superdefense?  That could possibly be a good bet for you.

Peace,

Kat

Je_Jette_Poo
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:07 PM

Origins has awesome skin care. I love their facial lotion and serums.

If you don't have one in your area, they have a website.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)