• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stupid question but hoping someone will know how to...

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:11 PM
  • 10 Replies

okay so i found this picture online and i love her hair.. but here is my question how the hell do i get my hair to look like this... I have never done anything and i mean anything to my hair.. brush and thats it.. would love to know how to do this..

OH and if you wanna share a picture of how you do ur hair... and how you do it that would be awesome too

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AndriaE
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:12 PM

pretty sure she has extensions in

lovemymarine306
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:12 PM

if your hair is shorter than the pic, then you need extensions, a flat iron, hair spray, and a large barrel curling iron.

MissySmith1980
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:13 PM

sorry don't do jack with my hair either so bump for you.

mommy2twoangel
You would use big fat rollers to get the waves in your hair.
miss_nevin

mm yeah i know i can tell but its the only picture i can find online that is that style i see girl/woman with it all the time.. 

Quoting AndriaE:

pretty sure she has extensions in

serioussifL
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Some ladies have extensions in their hair which are curly.

I read in this months cosmo, that to create a look like this you spritz your hair lightly with hairspray. Take a section of hair and curl it, rolling the barrel away from your face (a big barreled curling iron works best). Moving back, take another section of hair, and curl it towards your face. Keep repeating and alternating, and finish with a spritz of hairspray.

However, if you do it and get frustrated, you are not alone. Some people's hair just doesnt curl, no matter what you do!

Good luck!

I am a breastfeeding and formula feeding, pro-choice, vaccinating, Turbo Jamming,
disposable diaper using, cio sometimes, cat loving, dieting, married
and love my husband
Army wife and momwww.myspace.com/serioussifl  Check out my music!

gypsydancer7
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:16 PM

This and you will also need a fine tooth comb for teasing the back, volumizing spray or light wieght mousse, and pomade. I also was to warn you...I had my hair exactly like that (minus extensions) and it takes a GREAT deal of time to fix every morning (around 1 hour) and only works on thicker courser hair

Quoting lovemymarine306:

if your hair is shorter than the pic, then you need extensions, a flat iron, hair spray, and a large barrel curling iron.

PollyMarie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:16 PM

You may want to go to the fashionista group and ask there.  I would like to see a pic of your hair now.  It looks like you have pretty straight hair so the top wouldn't be a problem.  It looks like you would part your hair and take a large barrel curling iron and curl large sections of the long hair.

KT9105
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:19 PM

same here.  straightening it is as "done" as it gets for me. 

I'd imagine a big barrel curling iron is involved though.

Quoting MissySmith1980:

sorry don't do jack with my hair either so bump for you.

miss_nevin
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:21 PM

I have longer hair, then the picture.. profile picture is almost 3 years old..

I am just really tried of having nothing done to my hair. i normally put it up, I got really thick hair.. and its getting long.. I think after 3 kids i would really like to do something to my hair.. lol maybe just be able to do it if im going out.. I do have a flatting iron.. but thats all i ever used..

Quoting PollyMarie:

You may want to go to the fashionista group and ask there.  I would like to see a pic of your hair now.  It looks like you have pretty straight hair so the top wouldn't be a problem.  It looks like you would part your hair and take a large barrel curling iron and curl large sections of the long hair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)