Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worried About Christmas

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:16 PM
  • 10 Replies
DS is 16 months. And here is my problem: he doesn't play with his toys. What I mean by that is he has a few select things he will play with. He LOVES when I stack blocks with him, and he has two animals that dance and play music. But other than that he doesn't play with much. He has a riding fire truck he will ride on every now and again. But most of the other stuff he doesn't play with. For example, his winnie the pooh activity table that cost me $50. He used to play with it but now he stands on one side and pushes it around the house while running. So I am worried that what I get him he might not play with. I do know of two things we are getting him that I know he will love, but those together are only $20! So give me some ideas of what I can get him as he seems to be much more hands on then into high tech stuff. We got stocking stuffers already and he has some crayons and a coloring book, bubbles, and a ball. What else?
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluesky51201
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:21 PM

Does he have a shape sorter?  Even if he's not to the matching shapes part he'd have a blast putting them in and taking them out.  What about Peek-a-bocks?  He likes blocks and these are so fun because they have all kinds of stuff inside.

Purtyred
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:21 PM

What about wooden puzzles, large legos, magnetic building blocks (Amazon.com) soft activity books?

De_Chick
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:23 PM

My grandbabies got a kitchen set they just love. You don't have to get an expensive one...but make sure you have lots of little dishes and foods to go with it.

lizmarie1975
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Just wrap some empty boxes...it will keep him occupied for hours!

starlight1611
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:25 PM

Maybe a Tag JR? Mega Blocks? Tonka trucks? 

*Military Wife to my HS sweetheart and SAHM to our 2 most amazing children DS(4.5) & DD (2.5)*

MoM.i.aM
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:31 PM
Can I find these at Wal Mart? He is so hard to shop for lol
Quoting bluesky51201:

Does he have a shape sorter?  Even if he's not to the matching shapes part he'd have a blast putting them in and taking them out.  What about Peek-a-bocks?  He likes blocks and these are so fun because they have all kinds of stuff inside.

MoM.i.aM
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:32 PM
The peek a blocks I mean
Quoting MoM.i.aM:

Quoting bluesky51201:

bluesky51201
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Oh yes, they're usually way cheaper there too.  Oh and Peek-a-balls are fun too.

Quoting MoM.i.aM:

The peek a blocks I mean
Quoting MoM.i.aM:

Quoting bluesky51201:

yayay15
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:42 PM

Get him a busy ball popper!! Every kid loves those.  It plays music and the balls pop out.  It's cute!! 

Does he like trains?  The Geotrax is pretty cool, my son has loved that since he was a baby and they play with it everyday.  That is $50 and the ball popper is $20.

Good luck!

MoM.i.aM
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:47 PM
Who makes them so I know what to look for? I really think he would love the blocks!
Quoting bluesky51201:

Oh yes, they're usually way cheaper there too.  Oh and Peek-a-balls are fun too.

Quoting MoM.i.aM:

The peek a blocks I mean
Quoting MoM.i.aM:

Quoting bluesky51201:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)