Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your opinion of an RN? (Nurse) Is it beneath you?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:22 PM
  • 56 Replies

I actually had a lady on here tell me not too long ago that going to school for nursing is "beneath her" and that she hoped "I enjoyed cleaning up other's $hit". I think that is AWFUL! I am a full time student at a university working toward my bachelor's in the science of nursing. How can someone frown at nurses??

I am a vaccinating, spanking, out-spoken, full time nursing school going,  young, fitness loving mother of three beautiful hyper kids...I am a very lucky and blessed wife to Joshua.....My family IS my world..

family in the van                                                        

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom_2_be2008
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Wow.. beneath her? That is RIDICULOUS! People are so stupid! I admire what you are doing! I wish I could be a nurse.. I don't have the nerves for it though....

my2girls516
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Someone who is jealous? 

Best of Luck with your schooling!!

KT9105
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:24 PM

She must have a new stick up her ass that hasn't been broken in yet.  Poor girl, it must itch terribly.

Some people are just stuck up.  If you want to be a nurse, be a nurse, it's a great profession.  I'm thinking of going to nursing school too, but I'm not 100% decided on it yet. 

MikeysMom51108

Haha! I'm a CNA, I can only imagine what she thinks of that job!!

briansmommy7143

ew, I have a lot of respect for nurses and everything they do. (the ones who actually LIKE their jobs) Those are the people that could be taking care of you or your loved ones so hopefully that woman is lucky and doesn't get a "scumbag nurse" when she needs one the most. Kudos to you for going to nursing school!

MJZ1777HAPPYHOLIDAYS.gif HAPPY HOLIDAYS image by jiminycricket46

alwaysyoung
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:25 PM

Congrats on becoming a nurse.

luv-u-jmm
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:25 PM

I will give her the benefit of the doubt then..LOL!  This has got to be it...I just can't fathom her logic behind this..Grrr...It kinda makes me sad

Quoting my2girls516:

Someone who is jealous? 

I am a vaccinating, spanking, out-spoken, full time nursing school going,  young, fitness loving mother of three beautiful hyper kids...I am a very lucky and blessed wife to Joshua.....My family IS my world..

family in the van                                                        

gobimom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:26 PM

I am a nurse and my  question to the person in question is "what does she do for a living?"

Nursing is a very hard job, lots of education, lots of stress.  What other job can you help bring life into the world or hold the hand of a dying person as they take their last breaths.   For me it is a wonderful career - it is part of my being.  Other than being a mom I can't imagine doing anything else the rest of my life.  It is very rewarding.    

luv-u-jmm
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:27 PM

Oh bless you girl.....You are doing a job that very few want to do, yet there are so many people who need you...I admire those who can take care of others no matter how "dirtty" the job may be. You are an angel!

Quoting MikeysMom51108:

Haha! I'm a CNA, I can only imagine what she thinks of that job!!

family in the van                                                        

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:27 PM

LMAO, thats crazy! Put some of the vocab up that you have to learn, maybe that will shut her up! Most medical positions are a lot of procedural learning and memorizing, right? NO THANKS, its not easy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)