Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you accept used silverware or dishes?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:33 PM
  • 36 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 69

View Results

My mom brought some silverware over the other day. They came from one of her friends at church's aunt or something that is going into a nursing home. I know it's the same as at arestaurant, but something about it is bugging me LOL!!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bablondie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:34 PM

Do you need them? Why not? Just wash them a few times...no ghosts will haunt you.

MELE KALIKIMAKA

Tips, ideas, shopping, health, moms, Gluten-free, quick recipes, frugal living, reviews, weight loss efforts, funny stuff and more! bablondie.blogspot.com

Wendyburger
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:34 PM

Yes , times are tough and I have alot of used things these days. Dishes and silverware are no different, long as they arent rusty I would just thrown em in the dishwasher once or twice and that would be good enough for me. 

KT9105
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Yes I would and have.  When we first were engaged and living together we didn't have anything.  My mom gave us her old dishes.  There's nothing wrong with them, not like she gave them to us crusted up with leftovers. 

We gave our old dishes to our friends who just got their own place, after living the in the barracks for 3 years.  Nothing wrong with those either. 

luv2wahm
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:35 PM

I did when I was in college...

Think about when you go to a restaurant...those dishes have feed 100's and 100's of people...

Team Santa~

Who I am as a mom can not be expressed in a paragraph. It is expressed by who my children will become.

my2girls516
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:37 PM

If you are worried, sanitize them with bleach and water. 

mommasbabies77
Sure I would if I needed them. I have glasses that came from Shoneys and I took them home and put them in bleach water and soaked them. Then I run it through the dishwasher. Good to go

cmb121906

Quoting bablondie:

Do you need them? Why not? Just wash them a few times...no ghosts will haunt you.

I actually do need them, that's why my mom gave them to me. They are washed and ready to be used, but I just feel weird LMAO!! I'm kinda weird about germs, but I'll use them b/c it's the same as at a restaurant.

isra1986
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:38 PM

No. We are a pork free home, and there is no gaurentee that the plates never had pork on them, unless it was from a halal restaurant!

my4kids274
by Drill Sergeant Mommy on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:39 PM

I have in the past.  I just put it in the dishwasher and ran it through a cycle and it clean and good to go.

i.heart.rachel
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Shit, until this year I've had nothing BUT used silverware and dishes.

24 year old, God loving, non-vaxing, business owning (Nellie Bug's Tutus) momma to Jenelle, Gracelynn, and Sapphire. Girlfriend to Rachel (not wife, because apparently some people are AGAINST two loving, consenting adults marrying).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)