Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Somebody slap me, kick me in the butt, I want a puppy!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:57 PM
  • 4 Replies

OK, so I am a stay at home mommy and I have a 1 year old and a 4 year old.  I have a hard time keeping up with them as it is, LOL.  They are nuts sometimes!  Then I have to take my son to speech therapy 2 days a week, and I have to run errands for the store we own constantly.  I should NOT get a puppy, right?

That being said I started looking (big mistake) and I found this lady close to me who has "chugs" chihuahua/pugs.  She sent me pics and I am in love!  They are so adorable!  Then I emailed her just to see if they were available (yeah I am dumb, LOL) and she still ahs two and she knocked $100 off the price!  I am about to get in the car and go get one, LOL.  My hubby is totally against it!  Here are the pics ( I know the date is screwed up, she says her camera is messed up, we will def. be looking b4 we buy anyway):

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
two4one
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:59 PM

Not a good idea. You already know that you have your hands full. It wouldn't be fair to the puppy to bring him into an already busy family. Plus,your Dh doesn't want one. I believe you should NEVER get a pet if both partners do not agree to it. It usually ends up causing problems.

Mom of twins

Peyton and Mackenzie~11/22/04

Do Not Breed or Buy Labels

CRZYLDYAMY
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:02 PM

I agree, they are adorable!  I want a puppy sooo bad, but I am too busy so havent gave in yet.

MommytoNandA
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:03 PM

I know!  They are SOOOOOOO cute though!  LOL.

shecallsmemom04
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:07 PM

yes this, and for the record "chugs" are not a breed.  i would do some extensive research on this if you are ever truly serious.  a lot of people breed irresponsibily.  and these "fancy mixes" are usually bred irresponsibly.  BYB breed mixes, slap fancy names on them, and get more money out of a uneducated potential buyer.

a dog is adorable.

a dog is also like another child.  incredibly time consuming and expensive.

Quoting two4one:

Not a good idea. You already know that you have your hands full. It wouldn't be fair to the puppy to bring him into an already busy family. Plus,your Dh doesn't want one. I believe you should NEVER get a pet if both partners do not agree to it. It usually ends up causing problems.

When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)