Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i can't do it!!!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:01 PM
  • 9 Replies

i can't keep my house clean. i'm so pissed at myself. this place is a fucking pig sty. clothes are EVERYWHERE. the carpet is ruined. my dishes come out of the dishwasher covered in mystery sand. my christmas tree sucks and is totally crooked. baby max took all the books off his bookshelves, and threw his puzzle pieces everywhere. it will take me a million years to get everything back together. to top it off our lease ends in two weeks and i've only packed about 10 boxes. i have no idea what to with all the miscellaneous shit that we have. i have no organizational skills whatsoever. i don't know where to start. i am doomed.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ErikaM27
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:02 PM

put boxes out . Label them. Trash, donate , keep. Go from there. Start packing what you're going to keep from the least important I packed what I used daily the day I had to move out. Good luck.

MamaBloom777
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:03 PM

Breathe.....then purge :)  I feel ya though, my house is an organized mess (if there is such a thing).  I hate moving.  OMG, things come out from everywhere!  Where did we get all this crap????  LOL!  Good luck, honey!  You can do it!

kk_bella
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:05 PM

Take a deep breath.

Crooked Christmas Trees rock. They are the best of them all.

You can't do anything about ruined carpet. In all likelihood, you weren't about to get your deposit back anyway.

Your dishwasher needs to be cleaned out, the drain is clogged. It's no biggie.

Don't clean up the toys, he will just take them right back out.

Throw away all the miscelanious stuff. You don't need it anyway. Just kidding, but seriously DONATE TO CHARITY or throw away whatever is not important.

Moving is never organized. I tried so damn hard last time, I packed months in advance. It was a total crap shoot.

go drink a glass of wine, and make sure you pack the wine glasses LAST!

maxensmom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:05 PM

Quoting ErikaM27:

put boxes out . Label them. Trash, donate , keep. Go from there. Start packing what you're going to keep from the least important I packed what I used daily the day I had to move out. Good luck.

great idea! thanks. most of this crap is going to go anyway. we are buying a house and starting anew! i am just dysfunctional. :)

BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:06 PM

organize by room aka box by room ( put things you wont need for the next 2 wks first,thenwhen you get to the misc things label the box just that misc things living room or w/e room!!

then when you get to your new place,organize as you unpack buy the little boxes and tupperware things from walmart, and as you unpack vaccumm and dust clean paint as you go!

www.belladiapercreations.webs.com <~~ check out my website
mistyray
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:09 PM

Take a deep breath. I am going to tell you what my mom told me growing up & I now tell my kids. Never say I can't, it means you wont. take things 1 step at a time. Rome was not built in a day. you need to get a routine down (and STICK TO IT) and make your kids pick up after themselves (they are never to young to learn you play with it you put it up)

Purtyred
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:11 PM

http://www.flylady.com/

There are some GREAT tips for organization and cleaning here!!!

SpiritedTigress
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Awwww :(
*Hugs*

We're not moving for 4 more months so I'm not in a hurry but I sortof know how you feel. Our apartment is trashed. Anastasia (17 months old) actually goes behind me and takes out what I just put back. I actually have to put her in the playpen for a few hours while I clean. When I fold laundry, she'll come over and destory my neatly folded piles. I've taken to just throwing them in the drawers >__>
Our carpet is ruined too! My dad just got it cleaned for us for an early Christmas present and its already ruined. Black spots (from what?!), big and small, everywhere!
I cant wait to move. I can throw out so much of this crap and just tell hubby, "It must have gotten lost in the move..."

Addiemom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:06 PM

We move so often that I think I finally have it down. I go through the kids toys often and anything that has missing pieces or is broken goes in the trash. The first thing I do when we are going to move is pack up all but a few of the kids toys. They do not need that many toys out when you are packing up. Plus, when you unpack them at the new house they will be new and exciting again. If you have all the little stuff out of the way that they usually destroy it makes it easier to deal with the other stuff that has to be done. Good luck on the move!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)