Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those who's kids believe in Santa !!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:03 PM
  • 7 Replies

Would it be wrong to ask my oldest son if he does  or not? He's 11yrs. 
The reason I ask is b/c like most people things a tough this yr. He will be getting a couple things and his will most likely cost more then his little brothers. I just want to explain to him.  I asked my oldest DD and she doesn't know if he does or not.

Like how much it cost  = less gifts.
So, I can focus on his brothers with them still believing in Santa.
Would I be wrong to tell him?
Not sure but I think he doesn't.  I know alot of kids are afraid to admit it in fear of not getting anything at all.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Not.So.Virginal
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:04 PM

does he usually write letters to Santa? You can ask him if he wants to write a letter and see what he says

or give them each one gift from Santa and the rest from mom and dad.... and if he asks, you can tell him that Santa's having tough times too

mom_4kiddos
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:09 PM

Thanks,

anyone else with more ideas?

StrayMom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:13 PM

I think its perfectly ok to ask.  My son is 10 and he actually asked me this year "Mom, are you really Santa?" 

I asked him if he would be disappointed or angry if I was.  He said no, that he was just thinking about it and it seemed to make more sense that I was Santa.  I went on to tell him that Saint Nick was a real person, and we keep the spirit of Santa and giving alive in our hearts.

My kids also know times are tight, and they know that there are kids who will be getting even less than they are and so (hopefully) will appreciate what they get.

I think he will be fine, I am sure a lot of his friends have already told him.

mom_4kiddos
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:18 PM

Thanks

Quoting StrayMom:

I think its perfectly ok to ask.  My son is 10 and he actually asked me this year "Mom, are you really Santa?" 

I asked him if he would be disappointed or angry if I was.  He said no, that he was just thinking about it and it seemed to make more sense that I was Santa.  I went on to tell him that Saint Nick was a real person, and we keep the spirit of Santa and giving alive in our hearts.

My kids also know times are tight, and they know that there are kids who will be getting even less than they are and so (hopefully) will appreciate what they get.

I think he will be fine, I am sure a lot of his friends have already told him.

Amber115
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:18 PM

My daughter tied to tell me that Santa makes the presents he gives (she is 10). I informed her that Santa only makes generic presents (dolls, bears, trains, etc.) but he still has to pay for band name things (like Barbie) because she is asking for the Barbie 3 story house. It is so far out of our price range, I feel bad because I truly think that she still believes Santa will bring it to her. I know I don't remember any presents Santa brought me when I was younger, but I do remember being disappointed a few times. I really wanted a Cabbage Patch Kid one year, so my aunt made one for me. Looking back it was really sweet, but I wanted a "real" one when I was 8. And another year I wanted this really pretty (looking back not so pretty LOL) dress, which my grandma bought for me, and then she hemmed it so it didn't look the same (it kind of ballooned under and she took that part away so it fell flat). Anyway, my point was, he will not remember years from now, what Santa did or did not bring. Keep it simple and when he is grown he will know you did the best you could, no matter what.

i.heart.rachel
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:20 PM

If you ask he is going to start questioning if he hasn't already, just an FYI.

Our daughter was 4 when she figured it out on her own.. so I am not sure how an 11 year old would still believe?

24 year old, God loving, non-vaxing, business owning (Nellie Bug's Tutus) momma to Jenelle, Gracelynn, and Sapphire. Girlfriend to Rachel (not wife, because apparently some people are AGAINST two loving, consenting adults marrying).

mom_4kiddos
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:21 PM

Thanks for the advice

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)