Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need your HANDMADE Ornament craft ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:15 PM
  • 19 Replies

I want them to be fairly easy and cute/pretty for the tree. We have no ornaments b/c we're storing everything for moving/selling our home.

So I'd like to do something like collect pinecones or something??

Any cool ideas? I know one year we made some sort of cinnamon cookie cutter glitter ones...

PICS IF YOU HAVE IT. Directions would help, too!

MELE KALIKIMAKA

Tips, ideas, shopping, health, moms, Gluten-free, quick recipes, frugal living, reviews, weight loss efforts, funny stuff and more! bablondie.blogspot.com

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Purtyred
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:17 PM

How about the always easy to make construction paper garlands...and popcorn and cranberry strings?

ceciliam
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:19 PM

My son and I just finished painting some cinnamon salt dough ornaments that we made a few days ago....

mommibee
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:21 PM

Those are awesome!  Great Idea.

Quoting ceciliam:

My son and I just finished painting some cinnamon salt dough ornaments that we made a few days ago....

bablondie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:21 PM

I would, but I hav no idea where to start.

Quoting Purtyred:

How about the always easy to make construction paper garlands...and popcorn and cranberry strings?

MELE KALIKIMAKA

Tips, ideas, shopping, health, moms, Gluten-free, quick recipes, frugal living, reviews, weight loss efforts, funny stuff and more! bablondie.blogspot.com

bablondie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:22 PM

THAT IS AWESOME! Yes, I did do that one time, been a long time, though. I need to get cookie cutters (I have none). I know that much cinnamon is expensive, too although I could go to a restaurant supply store.

Quoting ceciliam:

ZiemMya2
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:24 PM

Ingredients
  • Small popcorn ball (one for each guest)
  • Mini candy canes
  • Colored sugar
  • Frosting
  • Mini M&Ms
Instructions
  1. You'll need a small popcorn ball for each person (ours are store-bought and about 3 inches wide). Use a wooden skewer to poke a small hole in the top, snap the end off of a mini candy cane to create a point, and gently press the sharp end of the cane into the popcorn ball far enough to make a loop, as shown.

2. For the sugar dots and lines, pour colored sugar onto a flexible paper plate (the flexibility makes it easy to pour the extra sugar back into the container when you're done). Fill a pastry bag with frosting, or scoop frosting into a quart-size plastic bag and cut off one corner. Working on one dot or line at a time, pipe frosting thickly onto the ball, then press the ball gently into the sugar so that only the frosting touches it. Use frosting to glue mini M&Ms to the ball.

Loving Mom 2.. Amiah & Ziem

luving-mom-of-2
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:25 PM

Snowballs!  Get a pack of those round "fuzzy" cotton balls from a craft store.  They come in different sizes and colors, or you can just get white.  Spray them with glitter.  Use a needle and string a string or thread through them and hang them all over your tree.

santa greensanta blue

Proud Denny Hamlin #11 & Michael Waltrip #55 Fan!

Lori_G4
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:25 PM

My children have made ornaments out of light bulbs when they used to go to school. I imagine all it takes is a little bit of paint..... Here's a pic.

Chris & Lori             Valerie-11             Brian-8                  Dalton-6           Maya-Jan 3, '08

I home school because I have seen the village, and I don't want it educating my children!

Juliekat23
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:27 PM

We made salt dough ornaments. 

1 cup salt, 1 cup water, 2 cups flour, and added food coloring.  green trees, red stockings, yellow stars.  Then glue and glitter.  Its like making cookies, mix the ingredients, roll out the dough, cookie cutter shapes.  Then, cook at 250 degrees for 2 hours.

One year for school we also made candy cane ornaments.  Red and white beads strung on a pipe cleaner and then bent into a candy cane shape.

Buy candy canes, glue a small pom pom on tip, googly eyes above that, and twist a brown pipe cleaner around the top of the bend and you have a reindeer. 

CafeMom Tickers

periwinkle163
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:27 PM

My kiddos and I just made garland with gummie bears and gum drops, we just used a needle and fishing line, they came out pretty cute.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)