• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

12 year old sleep over with b/f or g/f

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:35 PM
  • 93 Replies

First let me say i don't believe my mother told my 12 year old son to ask me if his gf could come stay with him at our house for his Christmas brake. Something is wrong with her. or is there some thing wrong with me for sayn no?

I just got off the phone with my son. He is really mad at me because I told him his gf could not stay at our house for his Christmas brake. They say bf & gf not just friends. (i don't like it at all) So i called my mom and asked her. "She said why not? I would let you guys when you was younger" I never had a "boy" stay at my house when i was younger. I was 21 before i had a guy stay at her houes. She got pissed at me for telling her she was crazy for telling him to ask me something like that.

Would any of you let your 12 year old have a bf or gf saty at your house?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sharisse
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:36 PM

NO. I would allow them to come over, but not stay the night.

02nana07
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:37 PM

NOT IN THIS LIFETIME

Juliekat23
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:38 PM

As in overnight? HELL NO!!

One of my sister's classmates was giving birth at age 13 so, that means pregnant at 12.  Too much temptation in this day and age.  During the day, sure-with supervision.

CafeMom Tickers

Trinity0820
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:38 PM

HELL NO!!!!! I was seventeen before I could spend the night with my dh... well he was my bf then... so yeah... no no no no... if my son has a sleepover when he's older, my dd sleeps with us or at grandmas... and vice versa...

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
Ann7227
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:39 PM

For real !!!!! Never would I allow it.

Quoting 02nana07:

NOT IN THIS LIFETIME

suzi960

no way  i think its asking for trouble.. and what about this chicks mother.. shell let her daughter stay....thats crazy .   way too young..

myfoursonsks

No, it would have to be very unusual circumstances.  Like maybe if the parents were in a car accident and the child had nowhere to go.  If that were to happen, they would be watched constantly.   

Double.L

I would never even consider it....and no responsible parent would! 

He's my star....and I'm his sky....

Purtyred
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:40 PM

No way. My son is 16 and I'm pretty sure he knows better then to even ask. I don't blame you at all for saying no.

humanjunglegym
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:40 PM

Um, hell no!   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)