Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to get daycare provider for Christmas?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:37 PM
  • 13 Replies

I want to get my son's daycare lady something nice for Christmas as a Thank you...

Last year he had a different lady and money was tight so I just gave her some extra money when I paid her.

This year I was thinking of a gift card or something...  but I wanted some other ideas first.

What do you do? And does your child go to a center or a private center with 1-2 providers?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gobimom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:38 PM

I got ours a gift card to her favorite coffee shop. 

LaceyAva
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:45 PM

We're going to make cookies for ours, we did last year and it was a hit, but a gift card is a good one then they can get what ever they want/need which is nice.

Lacey  

mom_4kiddos
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:52 PM

Mine are not in daycare but I have a lady that drives them to school and back home whenever needed. The kids love her and like to spend time with her. She loves to bake. I'm getting her a cookbook " Baking"  or an apron or something related. Oh. and she collects Santa's too so probably get her one too.

What does she like or need? candles, collectable of some kind?

luvkids329
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:54 PM

last year we made gingerbread cookies(from the pillsbury tube) and put them on a christmas plate along with chocolate kisses, and a scented candle, this year, something homamade again.

Eeyore3692001
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:23 PM

I asked mine what she would like for Christmas, giving me several options. We settled for a toybox that has seperate compartments. She has been looking for an inexpensive one for a few years.  

Seanswife05
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Last year she had 2 different teachers at her daycare because they were in the process of getting her ready for the older class. We made ornaments for both and I made both cookies. This year she has 1 teacher at daycare so I made her a coffee gift basket. I got her a Christmas mug,and a travel mug along with a bunch of small bags of coffee all different flavors. She loves her coffee and taking care of a room of 3yr. olds she needs it she says.

baby development

Mom2Jake08
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:49 PM

I gave mine a big candle in her favorite scent from Bath & Body Works, and I gave her daughter a stuffed animal and a small lotion.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

CRZYLDYAMY
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:16 PM

I am a daycare provider and let me just say that anything lets us know you appreciate us!  I'm a big candle freak and one year I recieved candles and was tickled pink.  But seriously just knowing we're appreciated is gift enough!

kryssiruss
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:24 PM

When I was a Nanny my employer gave me  -

1st yr - visa gift card

2nd - place settings and christmas dinnerware (I had just got married and moved out of my parents house)

3rd - earings and a gift for my DD.

Krystal (Me): 27 | Robert (DH): 24 | Lorelai (DD): 11.02.07 | Peyton (DS): 12.05.08

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:44 PM

I usually give a gift card.  Money was tight last year so I gave her homemade candy and a personalized brag book.  This year I'm giving her (and DS's teacher) a plastic mini tote bag with their names and a design on it with a gift card,  homemade candy and I might have the kids make an ornament.  I need to make an ornament for a gift and I figure i'll have peace if they can make one too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)