Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tired of the same old thing...

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:56 PM
  • 9 Replies

anyone have any favorite recipes? I seem to make the same thing all the time. I have checked out many groups and a lot of them are tons of ingredients and not simple everyday meals. I am looking for simple and good...thanks:)

We are looking into adopting a baby again. If anyone knows of someone who has decided to put their baby up for adoption, please let us know:

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
luvkids329
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:08 PM

heres one that my kids love,cook some ground beef,drain grease, then mix in a large can of cream of chicken soup,small carton of whipping cream(looks like a milk carton) stir it up real well, then add a bag of hashbrowns, right from the bag, into a 9by 13 dish,pour the mixture over hashbrowns, then crunch up corn flakes and melted butter for the topping, add that, then sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese, this turns out so creamy and good, makes alot too!

tickled_pink09
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Quoting luvkids329:

heres one that my kids love,cook some ground beef,drain grease, then mix in a large can of cream of chicken soup,small carton of whipping cream(looks like a milk carton) stir it up real well, then add a bag of hashbrowns, right from the bag, into a 9by 13 dish,pour the mixture over hashbrowns, then crunch up corn flakes and melted butter for the topping, add that, then sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese, this turns out so creamy and good, makes alot too!

oh wow yummy

Alexz_Mommy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Goulash:
1lb ground beef
1 small onion (chopped) *optional*
Tomato Juice
Elbow macaroni

Brown ground beef & onions. Drain.  Add tomato juice and a little water.  Let summer until hot.  Prepare macaroni and blanch.

Sloppy Joe
1.5 lb ground beef (drained)
1 small onion
12 oz ketchup
2 T brown sugar
1 T Worchestershire sauce
1 t salt
1 T vinegar
1/8 t pepper

In slow cooker 3-4 hours

Pizza Loaf
1 loaf french bread- split down middle
MIX:
1 lb ground beef
1 can tomato soup
1/2 cup parmison cheese
1.5 T onion

Spread on bread
Bake at 350 for 20 min
Cover with American cheese slice
And bake 5 more minutes

Some fun deserts...

Pink Stuff-yummy!
1 can crushed pine apple (DRAIN IT)
1 8oz Cool Whip
1 can Eagle Brand cream (condensed milk)
1 can strawberry pie filling
Crushed nuts (optional)

Mix 1st four ingredients and mix well.  Sprinkle nuts on top if wanted.  Refrigerate.

Ice Cream Cake
1 box Ice Cream sandwiches
1 8oz Cool Whip
Chocolate fudge
Heath crunch topping

Layer sandwiches in 13x9 dish, cover with Cool Whip, drizzle fudge on top and top with Heath Crunch.  Freeze

Play Dough (edible!)
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
2 t powder alum
1 T vegetable oil
1 cup boiling water

Add food coloring
Mix together and knead

Let me know if you try any and how you life them :)

I'm a young (but strict) independent Mommy of one (so far).  I firmly believe in CIO, front facing, semi-vaccinating, ocassional spanking/time-outs, tough love!  Nothing irritates this Mommy more than immature little girls wanting a baby so badly then NOT TAKING CARE OF THEIR OWN!  You give us "Young Momma's" a bad name- and we don't deserve it.

StillMagnolia
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:40 PM

We do potato soup a lot with DH gone.  It's really good and there's always enough for another night.  My kids love it with Fritos.

About 8 potatoes cut into cubes and boiled until soft (you keep one cup of the water left over before draining completely) and then mix with 1 cream of chicken, 1 small container of french onion dip(the cold kind by the sour cream) and the cup of "potato juice."  It is so good and so easy.  My mom made it for me last time I was at home and then I tried it and was upset that I hadn't tried to make it before b/c it is so easy.  LOL.  Also, it's good with shredded cheese and bacon bits on top with a dollop of sour cream.

Proud Marine Corps Wife to Christopher and Mommy to 2 little monsters that look just like their Daddy!  :0)

ryliejaneismom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:49 PM

I am definitely bookmarking this post because I have the same problem OP. That potato soup sounds YUMMY!

CafeMom Tickers
tjgirl
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 11:15 PM

I got this one from someone else on here from another group, but we love it!

Chicken Tacos

3 Lb Package of Frozen Chicken Breasts

large box of chicken stock

box of water

2 packages of taco seasoning

Optional: diced peppers (whatever kind you want) and diced onions

Typical taco ingredients (shells, cheese, sour cream......)

In a crockpot combine chicken stock, water and taco seasoning. The amount of seasoning depends on how much of the taco flavor you perfer. (we use 2, but we love tacos) If you are doing the peppers and onions you can also add these now, or wait until later. It just depends on how soft you want them. Add the Chicken. Cook 4-6 hours on low. When chicken is cooked through pull it out and shred it. Return it back to the crockpot and let it soak up the juices. Pull chicken out with a slotted spoon and make a taco like you normally would!

We are looking into adopting a baby again. If anyone knows of someone who has decided to put their baby up for adoption, please let us know:

pinkguitar87
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 11:19 PM

Quoting ryliejaneismom:

I am definitely bookmarking this post because I have the same problem OP. That potato soup sounds YUMMY!

tjgirl
by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 10:37 AM

anymore yummy ideas?

Christy78
by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 10:39 AM

Tonight we are having bake Ziti. I boil the ziti noddles , a jar of Spegghitt sauce  and Shredded cheese and I bake it at 350 until cheese is melted.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)