Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i want your honest opinion. *EDIT*

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:58 PM
  • 10 Replies

I had a seizure a month ago, which means that I can't drive for 6 months (DMV said so).  No biggie, except that DH is going to recruiter school in march.  I suggested going to stay with my parents while he was gone, but he said it wasn't necessary.  He would just have one of his marine friends take care of me and drive me everywhere I need to go.  I am really not comfortable with this, but maybe I'm just being too sensitive.  What do you think?

shrugging

*EDIT*

I had also talked to my mom about this, and she said I was welcome to stay with them, but if I don't then I should consider using the services that are for people who are disabled or need extra help.  I know that my situation is a result of a medical problem, but there's nothing wrong with me...I just can't drive.  I would feel like I was taking advantage of something meant for people in worse situations than mine.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StillMagnolia
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Honestly, I wouldn't be too comfortable with that idea either.  I'd be staying with my Mom but that's just me.

Proud Marine Corps Wife to Christopher and Mommy to 2 little monsters that look just like their Daddy!  :0)

luving-mom-of-2
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Why doesn't he want you to go stay with your parents?

santa greensanta blue

Proud Denny Hamlin #11 & Michael Waltrip #55 Fan!

lovemymarine306
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:01 PM

i think its because they live all the way across the country and we're already spending a lot of money to see them for christmas.

Quoting luving-mom-of-2:

Why doesn't he want you to go stay with your parents?

santa greensanta blue

AmelieH
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:01 PM

I would be going to my parents.  YOU have to be comfortable. 

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:10 PM

I would not want to have to rely on a non family member to be my chauffeur. I would feel like a burden and would not be comfortable at all.

suzi960
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:12 PM

id go to moms too....:) you have to be comfortable......

lovemymarine306
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:20 PM

that's exactly how i feel.  plus, what if something in his life changes making it impossible to help me anymore.  then what?!  and he is a known womanizer who has recently become monogamous.

Quoting JulyBabies:

I would not want to have to rely on a non family member to be my chauffeur. I would feel like a burden and would not be comfortable at all.

QUEENCYNTHIA
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:23 PM

If I Was You I Would Stay At My Parents I Mean Who Better Than Ur Family To Help You Out When Needed?!

lovemymarine306
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:28 PM

**bump for edit**

bailey_rc
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Depends, are you going to need on going medical care b/c of the seizure? Is there a military hospital close to your parents?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)