• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grant's 2 mo appointment . . . i need your opinion please (piog)

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:08 PM
  • 7 Replies

Overall it wasn't that bad.  He had went to the doc last week because he came down with broncitis.  They said that he is not totally over his bug so they didn't give him his shots today.  They want to see him again Friday because of some coughing he is still having.  They are trying a reflux med to help because I think he is refluxing into his throat and that is causing most of his coughing/gaging.  He also mainly does it right after he eats.  They do want to keep an eye on it.

He weighed 10 lbs 7.5 oz

head 16 in

height 22 3/4 in

He's growing like a champ!!

There is another concern.  When he lays on his tummy he will not raise his head at all.  He just ruts around or goes to sleep.  He has good head control when he's sitting up.  He can keep his head up for longer periods of time all the time.  That's improving.

Does your LO hold his head up when he is on his tummy??   For how long???

He turned 11 wks on Dec 12th.

funny    

TGSPCharmNeckers.gif picture by fooferann

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
prestonjohn
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:31 PM

i cant help you with the head holding up as my son was holding it up at birth,,with control no less,,the little booger,,,i dont know if there is any exercises you can do with him,,maybe put him on the floor and rattle something high enough where he will pick it up to look at it...in due time it will happen

ShadowLark
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Sounds like he just likes tummy sleeping - little booger!  If he has good head control while he's sitting up, he should be fine.  Just give him time to get interested in toys.  Also, if he does have reflux, he could FINALLY be feeling better on his tummy.  That will put anyone to sleep!  He sounds perfect!  GL!

ShadowRaven
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:42 PM

You said that he can hold his head up for longer periods of time, so as long as you keep seeing improvement, I wouldn't worry about it. He's not even 2 months old just yet, and it takes time to build up the muscles.

texasgirl1611
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:56 PM

bump

funny    

TGSPCharmNeckers.gif picture by fooferann

othermom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:22 PM

My daughter is 8 weeks and can hold her head up pretty good on her belly. A lot of time she will just lay there or go to sleep though. She holds her head up really well when being help too.

Army_Wife41
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:06 PM

I agree with the PP that said if you are seeing improvement....you shouldn't worry.

When my son was about that age, he was holding his head up for very short periods of time, but hated being on his tummy, so it was hard to get him to even try it.

All babies develop at different rates, and when he is that young it really is not something I would worry about. If he were 5 months and still at this stage, I would be worried, but not at 11 weeks.

Good luck :-)

baby

CafeMom Tickers

mom2ljh
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:49 PM

At 2 months, my son couldn't pick his head up when he was on his tummy.  He was just starting to be able to hold it up at all.  I hope the reflux meds help him soon.  Its so heartbreaking to watch our kids suffer with that kind of pain. 

Amanda ~ Mommy to my little miracle Landon Joel
born 6 weeks too soon~6-21-07, former refluxer, multiple food allergies, verbal regression, and the coolest kid on the block.

Then                                           Now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)