Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Carseat help...Graco Myride 65

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:10 PM
  • 15 Replies

How do you intall the Graco Myride 65 FF? I was testing it out to see what it would look like FF and it doesn't fit FF at all in my car cause the backseat slopes so much it doesn't look like its going to fit.

The back of the carseat does not touch the back of the car. There's a huge gap all the way down.

When I pull the carseat up to make the back of it touch the seat of the car, the bottom of it doesn't even touch the seat of the car.

Suggestions anyone?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wife.and.mommy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:15 PM

you need to put a pool noodle to level it out

tashamyork
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:17 PM

Quoting wife.and.mommy:

La-Belle-Vie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:22 PM

I do not think when forward facing you use a pool noodle.  The pool noodle is used to get the proper recline when rear facing. 

I will get a tech or someone that knows a bit more about this seat over here. 

Quoting tashamyork:

Quoting wife.and.mommy:

tabi_cat1023
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:22 PM

You can't use pool noodles when FFing but do you have to have the foot on?  I don't have a manual so I dunno

ErikaM27
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:27 PM

is it pulled out so the child can rest better?I have one it has the handle in the front middle section it;s red when you pull it out it lays back when you pull it out and push back it sits straighter

Do you want to vent? Join my group!! WTF

MommaBunch84
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:28 PM

I just helped the OP in safety. So here is what is wrong.

Sometimes when you install seats like the myride that have a recline like the myride does, you have to put all of your weight into the seat and push against the seat so that the back & the bottom are up against the vehicle seat. What the OP did was just sit the seat in without buckling in with the seatbelt or latch. Once she buckled it in and did what I suggested it fixed the problem. :)

OP will you post a new pic for others to see.

MommaBunch84
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:29 PM

The myrides recline is different. It doesn't have the handle for the recline.

Quoting ErikaM27:

is it pulled out so the child can rest better?I have one it has the handle in the front middle section it;s red when you pull it out it lays back when you pull it out and push back it sits straighter

La-Belle-Vie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Thanks!  I was just going to suggest that and I saw that the seat was just resting on the seat and not belted in.

Thanks mommabunch!

Quoting MommaBunch84:

Sometimes when you install seats like the myride that have a recline like the myride does, you have to put all of your weight into the seat and push against the seat so that the back & the bottom are up against the vehicle seat. What the OP did was just sit the seat in without buckling in with the seatbelt or latch. Once she buckled it in and did what I suggested it fixed the problem. :)

MommaBunch84
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Your welcome! Glad I could help out the OP and anyone else who has or will have this problem!

Quoting La-Belle-Vie:

Thanks!  I was just going to suggest that and I saw that the seat was just resting on the seat and not belted in.

Thanks mommabunch!

Quoting MommaBunch84:

La-Belle-Vie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:35 PM

I did want to correct this to clear up any confusion.

Pool noodles should only be used to help the recline when rear facing NEVER forward facing.

I am not being mean or rude but I just wanted to let others know this is not correct.

Quoting wife.and.mommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)