Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some computer help please.

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:19 PM
  • 12 Replies

I downloaded a whole bunch of viruses last night and my computer was non functional for most of today.  I ended up resetting the whole damn thing and it seems to be working now.  Is it safe to operate or should I be worried.  Aparently I had malicious viruses including trojans and a worm that was trying to detect passwords and credit card info.  Any advice/help would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ncmommy58
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Have no idea... so bump for ya

BonitaM
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Pretty please.  I'm really worried.

bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:22 PM

I think you should have it checked. Those worms are vicious little suckers. 

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:23 PM

wave

Thank you for posting on the group!  We're glad you're here!

You may also want to post on  these CafeMom Groups:
Advice for Moms

Computer Moms - Computer Heaven

We suggest joining and meeting other Moms in these Recommended Groups, too!

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

The search bar at the top of every page can be used to search for specific information.

We hope you're enjoying the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team 

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

alishabear0808
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:27 PM

my fiance said that it should be okay and he is REALLY good with computers... he said to make sure you reset it to factory settings and get some protection on there ASAP

BonitaM
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Thanks a bunch.  I did a fool reset of my computer and got back my 30day Norton360 trial.  I scanned it a few times and so far it looks ok. I'm just paranoid they're hiding.  I feel better so thank you.

Quoting alishabear0808:

my fiance said that it should be okay and he is REALLY good with computers... he said to make sure you reset it to factory settings and get some protection on there ASAP

prettyingreen
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:32 PM

i just got a bunch of virus last week... there may still be one lurking on here, it doesn't let me use search engines, it will redirect me to a bad site. any ways i found a few things to help me, you can go to "Microsoft Answers" and explain whats going on in their forum an you'll get some help anther thing that works great is http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/howsafe.htm this is their virus scanner and it found the one virus that i had when all of my other scanners couldn't.

also you can I.M. chat with a tech for free here:

Microsoft PCSafety provides home users (only) with no-charge support in dealing with malware infections such as viruses, spyware (including unwanted software), and adware.
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552&st=1

hope i could help... the stupid people that create those damn infections are fricken retarded!

find out more about me check out my CM page!

alishabear0808
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:33 PM

your welcome... hope it all is good... I have had a computer get viruses etc before and it SUCKED...

Quoting BonitaM:

Thanks a bunch.  I did a fool reset of my computer and got back my 30day Norton360 trial.  I scanned it a few times and so far it looks ok. I'm just paranoid they're hiding.  I feel better so thank you.

Quoting alishabear0808:

BonitaM
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Thanks.  I will definitely look into it. I totally agree with you about those people being idiots. 

Quoting prettyingreen:

i just got a bunch of virus last week... there may still be one lurking on here, it doesn't let me use search engines, it will redirect me to a bad site. any ways i found a few things to help me, you can go to "Microsoft Answers" and explain whats going on in their forum an you'll get some help anther thing that works great is http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/howsafe.htm this is their virus scanner and it found the one virus that i had when all of my other scanners couldn't.

also you can I.M. chat with a tech for free here:

Microsoft PCSafety provides home users (only) with no-charge support in dealing with malware infections such as viruses, spyware (including unwanted software), and adware.
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552&st=1

hope i could help... the stupid people that create those damn infections are fricken retarded!

charady
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:41 PM

I will add that although I know a lot of people like norton, my mom had it on her computer.  it was acting up, so hubby went over and scanned for her-she isn't so good at that!  Anyway, nothing there.  He installed mcafee and it found a bunch of viruses norton missed.  I am leary of norton every since then!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)