• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BBT question Please Help! (possible TMI) chart added pg 3

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:37 PM
  • 30 Replies

Is it possible for your BBT to rise and not ovulate? I started charting on fertilyfriend.com, and supposedly I ovulated on CD 23. How accurate is BBT charting at detecting ovulation?

This is my first month charting my BBT and I am still learning. I don't think I have been ovulating regularly I have lots of ovarian cysts.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sccowgirl
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:39 PM

I have no idea but heres a bumpfor ya.

Donna.gif picture by nsrush83

sparkina13
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Thanks!

Quoting sccowgirl:

livingrlovesong
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Quoting sccowgirl:

Randi- One Blessed MaMa & Soon To Be Wife
      in love   toddler girl   baby boy

Randi & Caleb   Emma Grace   Ethan Carter
          4*7*06         4*15*07       10*17*09

GoddessAnna
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:56 PM

It is possible for your temp to rise and for there to be no ovulation - well, that's happened to me before. My temp also will rise for a few days, and then drop again - but I'm pretty sure I'm not fertile.

As long as you do it everyday at the same time, before doing anything else, you should have quite accurate results. Are you checking your mucus too? Because that's a really helpful indicator of when you're going to ovulate - because your temps will only tell you after the fact. 

I will never be a perfect mother -  It's taken me years to be okay with that.

Instead, I am the type of mother my children need me to be - full of love, random trivia, and stocked with hoards of candy fish.

sparkina13
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:58 PM

I have been trying to check my mucus but I never really notice any change in it. : (

Quoting GoddessAnna:

It is possible for your temp to rise and for there to be no ovulation - well, that's happened to me before. My temp also will rise for a few days, and then drop again - but I'm pretty sure I'm not fertile.

As long as you do it everyday at the same time, before doing anything else, you should have quite accurate results. Are you checking your mucus too? Because that's a really helpful indicator of when you're going to ovulate - because your temps will only tell you after the fact. 

hopinforanother
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:00 PM

I have hungry kids...I'll be back with an answer in just a bit.

sparkina13
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:01 PM

lol ok thank you!

Quoting hopinforanother:

I have hungry kids...I'll be back with an answer in just a bit.

amb_josh
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Ok yes its tottally possible. however its also possible that you ovulated late. there are many factors to bbt...Did you sleep well? Have a restless night? Have a few drinks? Did you go to bed late. All those are factors plus more. How are you checking your mucus? Are you checking your cervical position as well?

mommieof4girlz
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:03 PM
Quoting sccowgirl:

GoddessAnna
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:05 PM

In some women, it can be hard to tell - and as squee as this may seem, it helps to 'play' with it. If it's like egg white (very clear, slightly sticky), that's the jackpot time. It should go from really sticky and thick to egg white to back to sticky, according to my doctor. Are you trying to conceive, or trying to avoid pregnancy? I myself am in the latter.

Quoting sparkina13:

I have been trying to check my mucus but I never really notice any change in it. : (

Quoting GoddessAnna:

I will never be a perfect mother -  It's taken me years to be okay with that.

Instead, I am the type of mother my children need me to be - full of love, random trivia, and stocked with hoards of candy fish.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)