Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Michelle Duggar and baby 19

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:42 PM
  • 38 Replies

First, I must say that I wish her and the baby (delivered at 25 weeks and weighing just 1 pound 6 ounces, for those that don't know) the best.  I really don't care what they do since they have the ability to take care of their children, so they can have a hundred if they like, but I saw something on another message board that made me think...why is it that people get up in arms about puppy mills, but are ok with this woman having this many children, as long as she can take care of them?  I really don't know what the difference is and why it should be ok for one but not the other or vice-versa, but it was definitely something that made me think!  What do you think?

ETA-I should clarify that I didn't mean anything about the conditions in which the puppies/children are raised.  Some say that dogs bodies aren't meant to carry that many puppies and some say that humans aren't meant to carry that many babies...that was the only "comparison".

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myfoursonsks
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Because they don't take care of the animals in puppy mills.  They are always found in deplorable conditions. 

my2girls516
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:43 PM

She has a choice to keep having babies.

Dogs in puppy mills don't. 

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Quoting my2girls516:

southernjess3
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:44 PM

I;m just concerned for her...I'm wondering if her body is starting to give out? What if she has another pregnancy and it ends in death??

CafeMom Tickers

cmb121906
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Puppy mill dogs are not bred properly, nor given the proper care. She cares for her child like any normal mother would and gives them the proper care. It's not the same thing at all.

luv2wahm
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:49 PM

If you have ever seen a puppy mill...you wouldn't ask this question...

Team Santa~

Who I am as a mom can not be expressed in a paragraph. It is expressed by who my children will become.

mamaoftwins9197
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:50 PM

I get that...I guess I was referring more to the toll it takes on the body.  People say that dogs aren't meant to have that many babies and neither are people.  At least that's what I was taking away from the argument on the other board.

Quoting my2girls516:

tabi_cat1023
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:50 PM

I dunno she had gallstones, which happen to anyone, happened to me in fact and they cause high blood pressure which is the issue she was also having.....I don't see them as sym

Quoting southernjess3:

I;m just concerned for her...I'm wondering if her body is starting to give out? What if she has another pregnancy and it ends in death??

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:51 PM

have you seen one of those documentaries on puppy mills...the conditions are horrendous. fece caked floors, dogs that haven't taken a bath in god knows how long, etc. Big difference!

mamaoftwins9197
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:51 PM

I wonder that too.  And I wonder, since they believe that they are following the will of God, if they will take this last pregnancy as a sign.

Quoting southernjess3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)