• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who runs your house?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:43 PM
  • 22 Replies

You, your spouse, a combination, or your kids?  I have read so many posts lately where parents say that they let their children make all kinds of decisions...I believe that kids of a certain age should have a say, but that parents lay down the law.  How does it work in your house?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gulfcoastmom4
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Dh has the final say for most things but honestly it depends on the situation and it depends on whos here at the time.

eyeheartsin
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:46 PM

I rule the roost.

Just_Bethy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:46 PM

I run my house....Hubby works 10am-12am.......14 hours a day 7 days a week and hardly ever sees the kids....so it falls to me...It is hard and lonely but thats been our life so long now....

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

lovinlife0607
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:47 PM

I run the house!!  I try to include my DH but usually he's to busy on WOW or thinks I'm being obsessed over something stupid or he's mad because I don't want to do things "his" way.  lol  I do EVERYTHING around here with the exception of DH cooking once in a blue moon and changing the kids and feeding them WHEN I ASK HIM TO.  I love my DH very very much but MEN... ugh!  lol  My kids will never run the house.  My oldest is 3 and I will ask her what she wants for breakfast... along with my 2 y.o. and let them make decisions like that but I don't let them whine for no reason or give me or their father an attitude and they need to treat each other nicely.  :-) 

Wow, this sounds pretty rude... I don't mean it that way at all. lol :-)

Work from home mommy to 2 little girls and a baby boy!  Married to my high school sweetheart! 

nerdyspinning globe

mitch576
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:48 PM

my husband and i run this house.
 it's not a dictatorship... but it's no democracy either! lol

we are the adults... they are the children

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

come check out "the cafe" at cafe mom!!!! 

Join us at The Cafe - - Cafe Group Mod

StuckinMO
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:49 PM

All I can say is that I do...but I never say no to my DH when he wants something, it actually makes me feel great letting him get what he wants.  Which yes means my wants go out the window, but I don't want for alot nor do I need alot! 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:49 PM

i run the house.

The Single Moms Group

seffiepoo
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:49 PM

when it comes to the kids i  make all the decisions. money and going places is up to hubby.

mrsjones2207
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:51 PM

I do! My kids will NEVER run my house....ill let my DH  THINK he runs it...but fo whatever reason he isnt really involved anyway.

NeiaPlus3
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:51 PM
I'd like to say I do, considering SO works all day and it's just me and the kiddies, but right now it's the newborn LOL!!! We only sleep when he says it's ok, and we're waiting on him hand and foot lol. No but seriously, it's pretty much a joint effort, although I do have the final say on most things....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)