Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you know if the antidepressant arn't working?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:55 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have been taking them over a month now and i feel no change.

Actually, i feel worse. It's almost 1AM here and i'm wide awake, stuffing my face with lucky charms and resisting the urge to run away or kill myself.

I'm guessing my antidepressants arn't working? Can someone who is one them give me some answers?

I'm a pro choice, pro goth, Athiestmetal head, grunge lover from the UK who loves her partner and her little boy almost as much as Nirvana

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sharisse
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:56 PM

They arent working, you shouldnt feel that way or feel worse and you DON'T have too, i say give it like 2 more weeks because they can take like 6 weeks to work. And then talk to your doctor about switching.

GrungeMum
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:56 PM

I will thanks.

Quoting sharisse:

They arent working, you shouldnt feel that way or feel worse and you DON'T have too, i say give it like 2 more weeks because they can take like 6 weeks to work. And then talk to your doctor about switching.

I'm a pro choice, pro goth, Athiestmetal head, grunge lover from the UK who loves her partner and her little boy almost as much as Nirvana

Amber115
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Call your doctor. Sometimes they don't get it right the first time (or second or third). I don't know what else to say, other than that is not how you are supposed to feel. Obviously you know that or you wouldn't be asking. Call your doctor in the morning and make an appointment. If you really feel like hurting yourself, go to the ER and maybe they can give you some Valium or something until tomorrow.

Amber115
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Read the packaging, it says if you are thinking about suicide (even it is just a thought), talk to your doctor immediately. Don't wait 2 more weeks.

Quoting sharisse:

sharisse
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:03 PM

obiviously if she is REALLY thinking about killing herself she needs to get help now. Im just giving her the advice that was given to me.

Quoting Amber115:

Read the packaging, it says if you are thinking about suicide (even it is just a thought), talk to your doctor immediately. Don't wait 2 more weeks.

Quoting sharisse:

Trinity0820
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:05 PM

I went on Zoloft and took it and mine started leveling me out the very next day... if your feeling the same or worse tell your doctor immediately!!!!  

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
lisajellybean
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:13 PM

I have been on anti depressants for 6 yrs. They normally take up to a month till u really notice a change. I have been on cymbalta for over a yr it is the only one that works & u can feel a change w in a week (at least I did) what r u on hon? I would give it another week & if u still dont feel different go talk to ur dr again cause they r not workin for u zweetie

763192r918zk13n7.gif snowmen image by sara_chan36

mrsjones2207
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:16 PM

They may need to up your dose and ask for sleeping pills....my anti depressants kept me wide awake for days. remember its not a CURE so you may still have bad days but they should be less than before. Good luck momma!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)