• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would your vote be if you were on the jury?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:58 PM
  • 40 Replies

if there was a mother whose child had tay sachs, and she was told her only option was to medicate for pain (and possibly put into a coma) until she died.

she gave her daughter a lethal dose of sleeping medication in her bottle and rocked her to sleep until she didn't wake up again.

she is now being tried for murder.

would you vote guilty and send her to prison or would you let her off?

Infantile TSD. Infants with Tay-Sachs disease appear to develop normally for the first six months of life. Then, as nerve cells become distended with gangliosides, a relentless deterioration of mental and physical abilities occurs. The child becomes blind, deaf, and unable to swallow. Muscles begin to atrophy and paralysis sets in. Death usually occurs before the age of 4.[2]  

headeraspergerwomanmetteksten-1.gif picture by rayzensun
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:02 PM

I'd vote not guilty. Of course I am for the legalization of human euthanasia. When nature moves too damn slow, family should be allowed to intervene and end suffering.  

Kairi       

BonitaM
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:03 PM

I agree with this.

Quoting KairisMama:

I'd vote not guilty. Of course I am for the legalization of human euthanasia. When nature moves too damn slow, family should be allowed to intervene and end suffering.  

southernjess3
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Quoting KairisMama:

CafeMom Tickers

aviatorswife
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:04 PM

I would vote according to the law. If we want the laws changed then we need to change them, otherwise we need to uphold them.

prego7386

Quoting KairisMama:

MaeHamMomma

I do not know how I would feel about that. I would have to sit through the trial and hear all the evidence.  

allurasmamma
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:05 PM

i would bawl my eyes out and vote not guilty.

aiyess
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Quoting KairisMama:

eyeheartsin
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:06 PM

agreed. I also don't think that mother came to that choice lightly, or it was easy for her to do. I can't even begin to imagine. That's really sad..

Quoting KairisMama:

De_Chick
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:06 PM

I agree that I would want to judge as not guilty but I would be forced to uphold the laws of that state.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)