Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Have a question????

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:19 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok SO I heard that Michigan (other states also) the electric company cant turn your heat off during certain months. I googles it online but still not sure how it works.

I sent in my paper work to my case workewr to see if they will help no response yet ( it was dissconnect for 11/30. It is not off but not paid. Does anyone know how this work?

My total disconnect is like 96.00 so not real high I just dont have I had to pay rent first.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
myfoursonsks
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:21 PM

You just need to call the company and talk with them.  They know the laws and will give you your options.  Try to work something out with them.  

prestonjohn
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:22 PM

i dont know,,but if they did you can apply for emergency heating thru like a trehab or red cross i think

mommibee
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:24 PM

I live in MI too.  Last year we kept on getting two bills from two separate places.  The company couldn't figure it out and we round and round with FIA and they kept saying are address didn't exist.  I am not sure what your elec. company is but that is my story.

Treymama
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:11 PM

I know my electric company, you can just call and work out a payment plan with them and they wont shut you off.

kryssiruss
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:27 PM

they cant shut you off here if you have children under 5.

Call them tell them your situation and they will work to find a solution. Most time they have a emergency reserve fund for ppl in your situation.

Krystal (Me): 27 | Robert (DH): 24 | Lorelai (DD): 11.02.07 | Peyton (DS): 12.05.08

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)