Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I had to call poison control

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:17 PM
  • 3 Replies

A child that weighs 28 pounds would have to eat 2 tubes of tooth paste before you have to take them to the ER?? I learned this lovely tidbit of info after my nephew threw up blue (while in the stroller picking up the kids) I called his mom and she said was it tooth paste and I said I keep the bathroom door close so how would he get tooth paste? Then I learned that he can open doors and that Abby took the toothpaste away from him a little earlier. He was playing in the kids room while I was cleaning up the lunch dishes. I called poison control and they told me to give him milk and he would be fine. The fluoride in toothpaste binds with the calcium in your body and causes problems with the nerves and heart function. YAY for poison control! 

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ahawes
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:18 PM

WOW I DIDNT KNOW. THX!

wreath
 I'm a non cosleeping, disposable diapering, non-cio, chocolate lover, vaccinating, going to the gym, tv watching, circumcising, pit-bull owning, scrapbooking, camera ready, front facing car seat, non-boobie momma to a very active cute little man!

LCWAmommy
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Quoting ahawes:

WOW I DIDNT KNOW. THX!

Hey no problem! I didn't know my not quite 1 year old nephew could opne doors or a tube of toothpaste you would think his mom would let me know these things

LCWAmommy
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:20 PM

I'm not going to get a darn thing done today worrying about my nephew getting into stuff!!! My kids didn't do stuff like this  he wont leave the tree alone either I guess at home they have a baby gate around it uuugg he will just have to learn not to touch it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)