Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have an issue.

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:17 PM
  • 1 Replies

My 4 year old will not poop in the toilet, he holds it in and it comes out a little at a time in his pants, and Im pretty much getting tired of cleaning out his underwear constantly. I don't know what to do about it. He is 4, he is plenty old enough to know when he has to poop, and can very well get to the toilet, he has done it before. He will go through phases where he does it in the toilet and then will do it in his pants for awhile. Im just so frustrated and I don't know what to do. I know boys take a little longer, but the other day, he was seriously sitting on the toilet with his legs crossed and holding them up, he was sitting on the toilet trying to hold it in when he had to go. I told him to relax and just go, and then for the first time in like 3 months he pooped in the toilet just that once though, I have cleaned his pants out 4 times today. Any suggestions would be great.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Susan262
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:35 PM

I don't know what to tell you.  Usually you just say give it time, but at 4 you would think that he would be partly there.  Maybe you should talk to his doctor just to see what he says.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)