• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When an Ex-Fiance Contacts You On Facebook

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:18 PM
  • 22 Replies

Has anyone had the experience of an ex- fiance or an ex-serious boyfriend contacting you after many, many years?  It just happened to me.  Did you have an emotional reaction if it happened to you?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adrianasmommy07
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:20 PM

I havent had it happen on facebook, but on myspace. I didnt feel any emotional response other than happiness at getting an email period.  

freedomthinks
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:21 PM

I have several  old flings on my facebook    I remain friends with them and nothing more

i.heart.rachel
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:21 PM

No emotional reaction from me, it's happened three times (ex boyfriends and one ex fiance). However, about 2 years ago if it would've happened it would've been emotional. I'm just very happy right now and have no interest in reminiscing. Kwim?

24 year old, God loving, non-vaxing, business owning (Nellie Bug's Tutus) momma to Jenelle, Gracelynn, and Sapphire. Girlfriend to Rachel (not wife, because apparently some people are AGAINST two loving, consenting adults marrying).

Nicole88
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Nope...don't know if it will happen lol I've only dated two guys (the 2nd one I married) and the first was a serious relationship so it should be interesting if he ever feels the need to contact me. I know he's got both a myspace and facebook but we just don't feel like talking to each other lol I don't know how I'd feel if he did reach out

ramzmomma

One contacted me. My first real love.. at age 18. I haven't heard from him in years.. and just all of a sudden got an email begging me to come back to him and how he loved me.. and how he was stupid to never tell me.. blah blah blah

It's weird to get emails like that. I didn't know what to do.. so I just said  "i'm married, and we're pregnant again.. please dont contact again."

How`s my pregnancy doing? 

two yr old bday ticker  

Lilypie - (W5DI)
TygerLily62

I have ex boyfriends on my facebook. I don't feel anything for them at all, but we're still friends so we like to stay in touch. 

JakeandEmmasMom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:23 PM

I had an ex contact me via IM a few months after I got married.  It was a really unhealthy relationship and a bad break-up so my reaction was emotional, but more of a "why can't you just leave me alone," type of emotional.  I told him not to contact me again, and thankfully he hasn't.

brittneyon
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:26 PM

i'm friends with a few of my exes on fb and myspace but my main ex wont talk to me so i have no worries :D but i wouldnt have any emotional feelings if he did.

LilyGiannaMommy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Nope, I didn't read it just erased and blocked. He has nothing to say to me that matters. He was my ex fiance and he was a bastard.

totalbitch8604
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:37 PM

My first serious boyfriend contacted me a couple of years ago through myspace. He knew i was married and he knew of my oldest dd.
He knows my husband because we all went to highschool together. He was surprised to find out i had 2 other children and were still happily married. He looked our phone number up and called me a few times but it was like talking to a long lost cousin or something..lol..He wasn't working far from my house and asked me to bring the family up to eat one night. My hubby can't stand him, so i declined. So he asked me to come up and see him alone..I said no way, told my hubby and that was the last time i heard from him! I ran into an old friend not too long ago and found out he is on his 3rd marriage he married someone almost 10yrs younger than him and he is expecting a baby in January. Funny thing is neither of his other marriages lasted a full year!..hahaha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)