Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hanukkah anyone????????

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:23 PM
  • 23 Replies

Just wondering if anyone else celebrated Hanukkah on here too??!!happy hanukkah

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MikeysMom51108
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:24 PM

I do.

aidensema
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:26 PM

we celebrate chrismaka. we do eight nights of presents than christmas. aiden likes to help me light the candles and than we sing and he gets a small present. thanon christmas morning we turn on the radio and listen to christmas songs while we open the presents.

hadcarmom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Oh awesome, were you raised to celebrate Hanukkah??

Quoting MikeysMom51108:

I do.

hadcarmom

I've never heard of that. That sounds fun!

Quoting aidensema:

we celebrate chrismaka. we do eight nights of presents than christmas. aiden likes to help me light the candles and than we sing and he gets a small present. thanon christmas morning we turn on the radio and listen to christmas songs while we open the presents.

Juliekat23

Not here, Yule and Christmas.

But, I do have an honest question?  What do you do for 8 days?  I know you light a candle in the mennorah (sp) each night, right?  Is there special activities for each day, or is it random?  Are there songs you sing or prayers or chants....games?  Im very curious because I don't believe I have met anyone that celebrates Hanukkah.  (wow-Im deprived, huh?)

CafeMom Tickers

DejaVooDoo
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:30 PM

Chag Chanukah Sameach!

dreidel

aidensema
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:30 PM

we stole it fromthe show the O.C. its perfect for us becuase im jewish and hubbs is catholic. we have yet to find a name for easter and passover thou. those are the only 4 holidays we celebrate.

Quoting hadcarmom:

Quoting aidensema:

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Not really,  but my best friend is Jewish, so we celibrate Chrismaka or Hannamas  as we like to call it with her and her husband.  

MikeysMom51108
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Nope. When I met my husband, he had just recently converted to Judaism. Eventually, I kind of loosely converted (stopped eating pork, started going to Shabbat, started celebrating Jewish holidays). But, I still celebrate Christmas too. I just couldn't give that up! I'm still learning a lot about the Jewish holidays too. It's funny, when people learn that I celebrate Hanukkah, they start asking lots of questions about the religion, and I feel awkward cause I don't know a lot of the answers.

Quoting hadcarmom:

Oh awesome, were you raised to celebrate Hanukkah??

Quoting MikeysMom51108:

I do.

mommybug77
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Cool. I so miss the OC

Quoting aidensema:

we stole it fromthe show the O.C. its perfect for us becuase im jewish and hubbs is catholic. we have yet to find a name for easter and passover thou. those are the only 4 holidays we celebrate.

Quoting hadcarmom:

Quoting aidensema:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)