Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Brag About Yourself!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:43 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm curious about what others do to improve their communities.  I live in a very rough area and low income.  I like to make little crocheted stuffed animals and put a happy note on them and leave them on the bus or in the store or something.  It usually says "Hi, I'm yours to keep, take me home...love me...and name me."  I make a lot of crocheted stuff so I donate it to various hospitals and give tons of it to my friend. 

So, what do you do to make your corner of the world a better place.  One time I walked past a tree and there was a five dollar bill on it and it said "See money really does grow on trees!" I thought that was so cool.  Also once someone sent a ten dollar bill to my PO Box and there was nothing else in it.  It was neat and very much needed!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ballerina18
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:51 PM

I really don't do much to help out my community. I wish I had the time to volunteer, but I am a full time college student, I work full time in a research lab and then comes my family...

But I do put up fliers on my campus and around my town advertising www.chegg.com

It's a website that offers textbook rentals and good prices for buying college textbooks. The town I live in is pretty much all college students so I know that there are people out there who can benefit from chegg.com as much as I do. It really helps to know of a website that will rent you a chemistry textbook for $9.00 a semester compared to the $119.00 it costs to buy the same chem textbook at the college bookstore.

When I graduate from college I hope to do more for my community! That's really cool how you leave stuffed animals on the bus! I think I want to stick money on a tree with a note now..that would be a way awesome find! =P LOL

I am an educated, breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co-sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling, liberal, pro-choice, atheist mama to a beautiful two year old girl! My S.O. is my equal and my best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT not a privilege!

lizzy-k
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:53 PM

i like see a picture of your animals. do you have any to show? 

"TOY"ing WITH YOUR PASSION

pasteeater
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:59 PM

The kitty is a crayon holder.  The dress I made for my friends baby as well as the blanket.  The pink pony and turtle are new additions to my family.  LOL  When I tire of them I put them on the bus.  I've made hundreds of things and gave them away!

Quoting lizzy-k:

i like see a picture of your animals. do you have any to show? 

I have a few, I just deleted a bunch!

lizzy-k
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:28 PM

these are so good. you do excellent work.would you sell me one? 

"TOY"ing WITH YOUR PASSION

pasteeater
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:41 PM

Quoting lizzy-k:

these are so good. you do excellent work.would you sell me one? 

I sent you a private message.

kk_bella
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:44 PM

I volunteer at local comunities and shelters. The one I am most active with is called CAM.

I mostly just sort through their donations, but we also have a women's help center where I get to help low income women who have just gotten off the street/out of  bad relationship pick out professional clothes for job interviews. That is my most favoritest part because most of these women have not felt pretty or attractive in AGES.

We also work at homeless shelters a few times a year, but especially around the holidays. You would be surprised to find out how many people really appreciate those free meals they get.

I read to children at my old elementary school to help them learn English and Spanish.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)