Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ummm...ouch

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:56 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am having a dull achey pain in my lower back, on the left side like right where my kidney is.  Anyone know what it could be??

I am not prego or on my monthly (actually i am EBF and have not gotten my monthly back yet)

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:58 PM

bump

jillbailey26
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:59 PM

How much water do you drink in a day?  Plain water.

chelletell
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:00 PM

it is possible you have a mild infection try drinking cranberry juice or even contact your dr  i get them all the time  i just drink tea or cranberry juice to flush my kidnies

MikeysMom51108
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Kidney infection or kidney stone. When I had a kidney infection, the pain started out dull. I thought it was just back pain from my period. Then, it became unbearable. With my kidney stone, it was unbearable right from the start. I'm gonna guess kidney infection.

babie113
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:01 PM

could be a kidney infection ...or stone or just a muscle ache

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:02 PM

usually i don't drink plain water.  I have never had a problem before.

Quoting jillbailey26:

davidjames07
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:03 PM

You should call your doctor, it could be something serious, something not. I would hate for you to down play it b/c we tried to diagnose you when none of us are doctors. Good luck tho mama. Sounds like problems with your kidneys or a bladder infection. Until you can get to a dr you can drink cranberry juice or water or you can take some cranberry pills they might change your pee a different color but they make a huge difference!!! Talk to your dr asap!

Breastfeeding/formula feeding, non-circumcising, vaccinating, co-sleeping, disposable diapering, spanking when needed, forward faced at 1, feed my son whatever he wants in moderation,  Wife to Joey since 01/06, mother to David James since 07/12/07, and pregnant with baby number two due June 7, 2010.

allurasmamma
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:03 PM

drink some cranberry juice to flush out your kidneys. seems like a kidney infection.

jillbailey26
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Try drinking less soda/tea/juice or whatever you drink and more water.  I get that feeling in my back when I don't drink enough water and when I start, it goes away.  If yours doesn't go away or get worse, go to a doctor.

Quoting MommySwiggles:

usually i don't drink plain water.  I have never had a problem before.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)