Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O - Induction.... were you? why? how far along? POLL

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:00 PM
  • 31 Replies

Poll

Question: Were you induced?

Options:

Yes - Dr's orders

No

Yes - Your choice

Had a "jump start"

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 58

View Results

And why?

I wasnt induced... sorta... when i was 10cm, and pushing for an hour already, my labor stalled - contractions every 20 mins for about an additional hour - i had to get a jump start with pitocin, and then ended up with a c-section after a full 5 hours of being at 10cm....

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamaoftwins9197
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:01 PM

I was induced at 37 weeks with my twins.  They were measuring big...6 and 7 pounds respectively.  They were born by C-section and were 6 pounds 1 ounce and 6 pounds 13 ounces.

primadonna
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:03 PM

Yes - I had a jump start.  I was 39 weeks with twin boys already weighing in over 13 lbs. together.  They placed this gel on my cervix and ended up breaking my water to help things along.  I was miserable can couldn't move anymore! 

Group Owner: http://www.cafemom.com/group/budgetingandfinances
i.heart.rachel
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:03 PM

I was induced 4 out of 4 times.

First time, they thought I had preclampsia.

Second time, I was a week overdue.

Third time, I was 3 weeks early but I kept going into labor early (like 10 times) so they finally admitted me.. and then my labor stopped but they broke my water anyway because I was already there. Go figure.

Fourth time, it was for convenience - PURE convenience and I do NOT feel bad about it. She was 9lbs 1oz and is a perfectly healthy baby girl. I could NOT be pregnant anymore at that point.. I was literally losing my mind.. and again I do NOT feel bad about a "selfish" induction.

24 year old, God loving, non-vaxing, business owning (Nellie Bug's Tutus) momma to Jenelle, Gracelynn, and Sapphire. Girlfriend to Rachel (not wife, because apparently some people are AGAINST two loving, consenting adults marrying).

QuickMomma
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:04 PM

I was induced as I was a week over my due date and the baby was showing signs of being big on the ultrasound.Doctor was going to wait another week but my mom had come for my daughters birth and had to leave in a week so he induced me sooner then planned so she could be there.

mom2cindylouwho
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Yes - Dr. orders at 38 weeks for PIH (pregnancy induced hypertension)

eyeheartsin
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:06 PM

I chose to be induced 3 days before her due date so I could plan what to do with my 18 month old at the time. Even got an epi, and I wouldn't change a thing! And in case anyone gets their panties in a twist - I've also had 2 natural, pain free labors as well. .

lvnmylif
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:08 PM

First child:  My water broke and 8 hours later I was not in labor.  They started my induction and 41/2 hours later my son was born.

Second child:  Induced at my request.  I was 2 cm dialated.  My labor lasted about 41/2 hours.

Third child:  Induced at my request to accommodate my husband training schedule.  I was about 3 cm dialated.  My labor lasted 21/2 hours.

Fourth child:  Came on his own a few hours before the induction that was scheduled at my request.  My labor was 21/2 hours also because I had to wait for the doctor to deliver me.  I was fully dialated at about 2 hours 45 minutes and had to hold him in so we could make it to the hospital.

kdasgirl

I was two weeks overdue with preeclampsia. There was just no more waiting for DS to come on his own lol. I wish I would have done it earlier though, his head ended up being too big for my pelvis and I had to have an emergency c-section.

Photobucket

Chandra034

Sorta, lol.  My dr. suggested it because Kayden was about a week late and was going to be born right in the middle of my finals week (he was born on the monday or finals week anyway though).  Anyway I didnt know any better so I went along with it.  When they inserted the pitocin IV his heart rate immediately dropped, they tried three more times all with the same reaction.  The dr. broke my water and Kayden came three hours later.  So I guess that depends on your deffinition of "induced".  The dr. broke my water but I didnt have drugs to induce labor.

momwith2monkeys
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:09 PM

i was induced with my son because i was 2 weeks overdue and my water hadn't broke and i was having contraction but they wasn't comiing in a certain order and i had been having contraction for over a week. i sorta wish i hadn't have been induced because they pain was so much worse then it had been with my daughter who had came naturally but in the end it was good thing because skin was wrinkly and red and pealing and they said it look like that because he was inside the fluld to long and that it was good thing they did it when they did.

i was in labor for 12 hours with him and my body didn't want to dilate, toward the end i was begging for a c-section but they wouldn't do it thank god.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)