Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has any one got/ took the WIA program to help with collage [TX]

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:10 PM
  • 12 Replies

i am wondering if you used WIA to help you with college?   Do you know what website I can go to look at, that will tell me what degrees they will help pay for..     I would love if anyone posted as much as they knew about the WIA program. I need a little direction.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tx_dutchess
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:14 PM

bump

kk_bella
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:15 PM
I'm in TX. can you tell me what the WIA program is?
candie241983

Im getting WIA right now to pay for nursing school!! 

Created by MyFitnessPal - Easy Calorie Counting

love_my_family

I am curious about this, too.  What is it and how do you get it?

davidjames07
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:16 PM

I got WIA in louisiana to pay for Nursing School.... but I dropped out cuz my son had the flu and I cant reapply for it! So sad, it helped out alot!

Here it pays you so much an hour to go to school. It goes by your hours in the program and here they only pay up to 7 hours a day. They also help with book and supply expenses that you require for school, they even help you once you get a job for one month to help you buy uniforms and gas to get there. They wont just cut you off to figure it out. At least thats how it is here. I went to the local Workforce Commission office and they had a WIA worker there, I filled out an application, gave her all my copies of my tuition, my book list my supply list and proof of anything she needed and 2 months later i got accepted. I got paid $300 bucks a month and that helped me pay for gas and my water bill every month.

Breastfeeding/formula feeding, non-circumcising, vaccinating, co-sleeping, disposable diapering, spanking when needed, forward faced at 1, feed my son whatever he wants in moderation,  Wife to Joey since 01/06, mother to David James since 07/12/07, and pregnant with baby number two due June 7, 2010.

honey27
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:24 PM

wia paid for my nursing school back in 2004 they paid 20,000 and for my uniforms and books and shoes and traveling expenses. the only thing i had to do was work atleast 20 hours part time a week.

MELISSA
love_my_family
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 11:49 AM

Can someone give me more information on how to qualify or where to apply?  Thank you.

luv_my_xiya
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 11:51 AM

i would like to know what this is also...thanks 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

~*:*~ In need of unique jewelry? Check out www.missbfab.com ~*:*~ 

love_my_family
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:22 PM

Bump....
Are there income qualifications or how do you qualify?

love_my_family
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Ok so I googled it and it looks you have to have been laid off or lost your job to get help with this program.  Please tell me if I am wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)