Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Coraline?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:18 PM
  • 15 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you think Coraline is appropriate for kids under 10?

Options:

Yes.

No.

Haven't seen it no idea.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 42

View Results

Anyone watched this movie?

Do you let your kids watch it?

My kids are the type that get hooked on one or two movies at a time and don't stop watching it until we "accidentally" lose it or it breaks from playing too much. They like to watch it until they know every word. Horrible, I know. :P

But there's a part in Coraline where a woman is in a fat suit with HUGE boobs and just BARELY covering them.. it is hard to explain. I tried to find a pic but can't.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Do you let your kids watch this part? My 3 year old comes and hides her face and says it is "not appopriate" for her lol.

24 year old, God loving, non-vaxing, business owning (Nellie Bug's Tutus) momma to Jenelle, Gracelynn, and Sapphire. Girlfriend to Rachel (not wife, because apparently some people are AGAINST two loving, consenting adults marrying).

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamivon2
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:20 PM

I have seen the movie. I hate it. I actually got scared.

imthatgirl728
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:20 PM

My kids are 4,5 and 9. We love this movie. Yes the first time I saw that part was taken back a little...but my kids weren;t really moved by it, so I just let it go.

chais_wifey
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Haven't seen it. Looks a little creepy from the commercials.  

_mimimosley_
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:22 PM

i think i enjoyed it more than my kids. we watched it online last week and they are 5 &19months

bisexual-1.gif BISEXUAL image by CrzyNWntNLuv  bob.jpg bob steals cookie icon image by Dare_2_Dream_4ever RENANDSTIMPY-2.gif 2 dancing fools image by cunnbr   sexygirls.jpg bisexual image by emily1111hate on me all you want. You couldn't fade me with a can of bleach;)

wells75904
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:22 PM

We rented this cartoon for the kids without reading the back cause it was a cartoon.....we turned it off, I didnt like it AT ALL

Need Help Saving Money? Check out 

Frugal and Thrifty Moms-This group is a place to come to get recipes, advice, to chat, have fun, let your hair down and talk about cooking, recipes, budgeting, menu planning, and all things related to making our households run more smoothly.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Frugal_And_Thrifty_Moms

i.heart.rachel
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Quoting wells75904:

We rented this cartoon for the kids without reading the back cause it was a cartoon.....we turned it off, I didnt like it AT ALL

Why not?

24 year old, God loving, non-vaxing, business owning (Nellie Bug's Tutus) momma to Jenelle, Gracelynn, and Sapphire. Girlfriend to Rachel (not wife, because apparently some people are AGAINST two loving, consenting adults marrying).

susanmommyto4
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:23 PM

My kids get hooked on movies. I rented it...they watched it once and never asked to watch it again. And I didn't care for it at all.

ae831
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:25 PM

My daughter is 3 and she loves this movie! I like it too. She had her 3rd birthday party in a Coraline theme. She knows the words and what will happen next and everything.  I was taken back by the big lady with the ginormous boobs but my daughter didnt think anything of it.

Photobucket
NadiasMommy427
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:28 PM

I loved it. My niece is 5 and she watches it over and over!! there was nothing scary about that movie. 

i.heart.rachel
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Quoting NadiasMommy427:

I loved it. My niece is 5 and she watches it over and over!! there was nothing scary about that movie. 

I haven't sat down and watched the entire thing in one sitting but there were a few creepy parts IMO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)