• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DD almost suffocated last night

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:39 PM
  • 11 Replies

I just happened to think about this.  Last night at about 3:30am Tatum woke me up like gasping for air and crying.  I looked at her (we co-sleep) and she had her silkie (this silk pair of pj pants) wrapped around her neck several times.  I have no idea how she did it, but I am so thankful that I woke up.  She could have died.  I never thought about her being able to get hurt on it.  She carries it and another silk pillow case around all the time.  I am going to have to find something to replace it, but IDK what yet.  I was pretty shaken up after the incident, so I made her get up and play with me for a little while, to make sure she was acting okay. 

Digital Scrapbooking at WiddlyTinks.com

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HeatherMae55
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:41 PM

How scary!  Thank goodness you woke up!  Glad she's doing ok.  :)

pasteeater
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:42 PM

I am so glad you woke up!  How scary that must have been.

gabe11-14

Oh scary!! Glad she is ok.

Merry Christmas!!!

EsmeVincent

ds has always slept with his 'T-T'(blanket) and he ALWAYS covers his face, it doesn't matter if its pitch black or daylight he ALWAYS covers his face and I've always been afraid of him suffocating but he won't sleep without 'T-T' and I can't keep it off his face...I just get up a few times a night to check on him and move 'T-T' off his face

I know ALL moms think their children are perfect and some may say mine is abnormal but I would rather my child be abnormal if YOU are what you call NORMAL

luving-mom-of-2
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Wow!  That is scary!  It's a good thing you co-sleep, I guess, otherwise you would have never heard her choking.

santa greensanta blue

Proud Denny Hamlin #11 & Michael Waltrip #55 Fan!

KokoJones
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:44 PM

my dd has some blakies that have silkies on one side... maybe you could get one of those... so scary, glad you woke up and found her

CafeMom Tickers

Koko- navy wife-mommy of two- currently baking baby #3

RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Thank God you co-sleep!!! I keep thinking what if she had been in her crib in another room. You couls always go get some material from a fabric store and make her a new blanket or something small that she cant get wrapped up in. 

humanjunglegym
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Quoting RheaF:

Thank God you co-sleep!!! I keep thinking what if she had been in her crib in another room. You couls always go get some material from a fabric store and make her a new blanket or something small that she cant get wrapped up in. 

That's what I was thinking.  :)

rayzensun
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:49 PM

wow, I'm so glad she's ok...

I was actually against co-sleeping before, I might give it a second look now.. 

headeraspergerwomanmetteksten-1.gif picture by rayzensun
Tatumsmommy0123
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:19 PM

I was originally against co-sleeping, but when my DH got deployed, I got lonely, and DD LOVES to snuggle, so I let her start sleeping with me...now I think she may sleep with us until her teenage years...lol

Quoting rayzensun:

wow, I'm so glad she's ok...

I was actually against co-sleeping before, I might give it a second look now.. 

Digital Scrapbooking at WiddlyTinks.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)