• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Head Injury

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:40 PM
  • 10 Replies

I can't believe how our shopping trip turned out today! My little one ended up with a nasty knot on his forehead and a trip to the ER after taking a nasty spill in Wal-Mart. I will try to include a pic. Thank God he is ok!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myfoursonsks
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Awww...did he fall out of the cart? 

aviatorswife
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Ahh, boys! You just got to love how adventurous they are. This will most likely not be your last trip to the ER with him. We've had several and he's only 2 1/2. So glad to hear he's okay though.

EsmeVincent
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:44 PM

aww poor baby, ds scared me to death one day when he took a nose dive OFF the slide...I caught him not really in time cause he still ended up with a mouth full of dirt but no scratches or anything

I know ALL moms think their children are perfect and some may say mine is abnormal but I would rather my child be abnormal if YOU are what you call NORMAL

Jessplusfour
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Holy Moly that's a big one! Did the er say he was ok?

x-blissfulmom-o
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Well, kinda. He has a toy shopping cart that I decided to take along today (you can see it in the background of the pic). I thought it would be fun for him to have his own cart. We got to a more busy part of the store so my older DS was pushing him in the toy cart (he had been doing it earlier and it was just fine). Well, he took a turn a little to hard and Matty tumbled out and landed right on his forehead before I could catch him. I swear I have never been so scared in my life!

Quoting myfoursonsks:

Awww...did he fall out of the cart? 

x-blissfulmom-o
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:11 PM

They said that he appears to be just fine. We are watching him for any changes in behavior, etc and he has a follow up appt tomorrow with his regular dr. He played all evening like nothing happened. It just looks sooo painful but he hasn't missed a beat.

Quoting Jessplusfour:

Jessplusfour
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:30 PM

Good glad to hear he's ok. Crazy boys!

EsmeVincent
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 1:53 PM

I've heard that if there is a bruse and a bump that more than likey theres no internal bleeding or swelling but I'm not a dr....thank goodness you took him to a dr...boys ar tough tho, they take a bump or fall or whatever with stride

Quoting x-blissfulmom-o:

They said that he appears to be just fine. We are watching him for any changes in behavior, etc and he has a follow up appt tomorrow with his regular dr. He played all evening like nothing happened. It just looks sooo painful but he hasn't missed a beat.

Quoting Jessplusfour:

I know ALL moms think their children are perfect and some may say mine is abnormal but I would rather my child be abnormal if YOU are what you call NORMAL

exceptalilfish
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 2:04 PM

my son fell out head first of the actual grocery cart before. it was terrible, we went to the ER but he was fine, just had a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge goose egg on his forehead. about the same spot as your sons.

x-blissfulmom-o
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 9:54 PM

I am a CNA so I think I knew that he would be ok but I was just scared out of my mind. He cried for about a minute and then nothing else. Today it looks much better. It is a big blue circle on his forhead. I think what freaked me out the most is that my husband was in a serious car wreck when he was five and had a head injury in the same place. The hospital just did an X-Ray and since his skull wasn't broken they thought he just had a nasty bruise and sent him home. When he was about 13 he started having unexplained seizures. After a lot of testing they found that he has scar tissue on his brain from injuries in that wreck. He has the "brain slap" injury. I was scared mindless when I saw him fall and then that huge goose egg came up. The pic really doesn't show it like it was. I will never forget what that looked like! I am sooooooo glad that today he hasn't missed a beat. I even rubbed my hand across his forehead and over the bruise and he never even flinched. He acts like it doesn't even hurt! He is soooo tuff!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)