• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you tell DH?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:02 PM
  • 84 Replies

How did you tell SO or DH that you were pregnant? Was it a planned pregnancy? What was his reaction?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JustinaLynn
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:07 PM

I didn't tell him but he told me. I fell asleep when we we're waiting on the pregnancy test and he woke me up saying "I'm pregnant" he started to cry when we found out when we were at the doctors.

*~* 2 shall become 1 flesh-- Married 5 years or less Group *~*

*~* http://www.cafemom.com/group/27316 *~*

boyd-family
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:07 PM

We thought it would never happen. The only reason I took a test is because my mom made me.....sure enough I was prego. I walked in holding the stick and said "I'm Pregnant" He got a huge smile on his face and made me take another test in front of him just to be sure LMAO! We had been trying for 4 yrs!!!

CafeMom Tickers
isaacs_wifey
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:09 PM

with my first son, we bought the test together and we looked at the test together

second son, we were home for his leave, and i was out shopping, and just felt weird, period was about a week late, and i was bloated, so i stopped by the store and bought a test, when home and took it, and called hubby in the room and said "here you go" and handed him the test, and he laughed ( like an "i cant believe it" laugh)

and no neither one was planned

hotmomma8869
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:09 PM

WOW Congrats after 4 years of trying. That is great!!!

Quoting boyd-family:

We thought it would never happen. The only reason I took a test is because my mom made me.....sure enough I was prego. I walked in holding the stick and said "I'm Pregnant" He got a huge smile on his face and made me take another test in front of him just to be sure LMAO! We had been trying for 4 yrs!!!

Morgiesmom83
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:11 PM

My bf and I broke up before I ever knew I was pregnant. Once I did found out I couldn't find him until I was 8 months, I never really showed so he couldn't tell. I couldn't bring myself to tell him, I have no clue why, I had been going over how to for months. About 3 days after I had dd, my mom took me to his work so I could tell him. He almost fainted, he had to brace himself against a chair.

CafeMom Tickers
pearlmom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:12 PM

I went to pick him up from work. I waited for him to start driving and I just told him. Hey remember I went to see my doctor today? and he said yeah so I told him guess what??? I am pregnant!!!!!!! He almost crashed the car and got super upset and said fuck!!! are you serious? So I got sad and said yes :(  He got super upset because It wasn't planned. And of course he started telling me that he didn't wanted it because of his school and because we didn't have the money to raise a child and shit. So he tried to convince me to not to have the baby. But I told him. I am going to have this baby no matter what. You can stay here in your house and follow your dream about school. I am going to have this baby. Later he apologized and told me that we loved me and that we was fine with having a baby and that we will take care of the both of us. And he did. He loves our daughter so very much now and he is a wonderful daddy. But that doesn't mean I am going to forget or forgive how he reacted. For me he was selfish and immature and it hurted so much. So that was his stupid reaction.

punkmama27
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:12 PM

It was unplanned. He actually told me that I was 2 months late... I hadn't noticed and was in serious denial. So we went down to the store, bought the test, went back to his apartment and I took it in his bathroom. Knew my eggo was preggo almost immediately because the line came up within oh about 15 seconds after peeing on it. He knew as soon as I came out of the bathroom. We were both shocked and a little terrified, but he said he loved me and we'd be okay. :) And now our baby is 3 1/2. Time flies.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
hotmomma8869
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Quoting pearlmom:

got super upset and said fuck!!! are you serious? So I got sad and said yes :(  He got super upset because It wasn't planned. And of course he started telling me that he didn't wanted it because of his school and because we didn't have the money to raise a child and shit. So he tried to convince me to not to have the baby. But I told him. I am going to have this baby no matter what.

Aww that really bites. Good for you standing up for you and your DD!! I'm glad he turned out to be a good dad!

MyBoYzNmE
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Bump

boyd-family
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:18 PM

Quoting hotmomma8869:

WOW Congrats after 4 years of trying. That is great!!!

Quoting boyd-family:

Thank You!!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)