Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:04 PM
  • 5 Replies

My husband and I just recently had our second child. (A beautiful baby boy on Oct 23rd). We are finding it to be one of the biggest challenges of our lives. Having two is SO much more difficult than we could have ever imagined. To make things MORE crazy I am about to return to school (to finish my degree to be a Dietician) in January. I was wondering how you Moms (with two or more children) managed to keep everything organized...especially the housework. It seems like we are ALWAYS cleaning...just to find it messy again the next day. (side note: we are having a time with our new little one. He won't sleep in his bed for more than 20mins at a time...leaving us taking shifts on the couch..he is also a crier...any help with that would be appreicaited)

I know its a lot of information...but educate me PLEASE! lol

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MixedCooke
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 3:36 AM

if one is old enough for daycare, then possibly think about daycare at least part-time, so you can catch up on your rest, homework and housework.

I am pregnant with my second and freaking out about how to cope too, so she will be going in part-time daycare.

naturalmom86
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 8:15 AM

Thank you so much for responding and THAN YOU for the advice! Have a great day. Blessings!

Quoting MixedCooke:

if one is old enough for daycare, then possibly think about daycare at least part-time, so you can catch up on your rest, homework and housework.

I am pregnant with my second and freaking out about how to cope too, so she will be going in part-time daycare.

kathyshelton
by New Member on Dec. 15, 2009 at 8:22 AM

i had a 3 year old then had twins. i put myself on a schedule of getting the house work done but your still  constantaly having to straighten things up. it worked great with me. try laying the baby in his crib through out the day, even while hes awake to let him see that hes secure in there but you'll still be close by. not sure this will help you but it all worked for me.

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2009 at 8:38 AM

I have four kids, I always thought it got easier with each child. I worked full time when they were little. Try getting cleaning done when they are napping, or laid down for the night. My kids had a strict bedtime of 8 pm. That gave me time to get the house cleaned before I went to bed.

It finally got to the point where we couldn't afford daycare so I went to nights. I'd clean before work and had to clean again after. That pretty much was the end of my marriage, when he complained because I wasn't going to be there to take care of the kids and cook and clean.

when I finally got to stay home I cleaned when they were otherwise occupied doing something else. I also made the kids help!

Congrats on your bundle of joy!  

FaerieMommie23
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 8:41 AM

I dont really have much advice on the clean house issue. I have tried my hardest to keep my house clean and I just find it impossible. I dont know how anybody else does it unless they're completely anal about keeping their house spotless. Everybody has always told me to just get used to it because its impossible to keep clean.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)