• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

YAY OR NAY, GIFTS TO GIVE THE GIRLS AT WORK

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:21 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hey Mamas, need opinions here, my husband is not really helping me decide, ok here is goes, there are 10 of us in the dental office I work for, ok I crochet each a small stocking and glued cute little candy canes and packages on the outside of each and I can stuff each stocking with yummy goodies, OR  I can give each girl a mug with homemade hot chocolate mix with crushed candy canes and to top it off I will dip large marshmallows in icing and roll it in crushed candy canes and place it on a stick to harden and wrap three marshmallows in a little bag so while they are drinking the hot chocolate the marshmallows dipped in crushed candy will give it a peppermint taste, HELP I cannot decide and our party is in two days....

SO RECAP...

1.  Homemade crochet stockings with yummys inside        OR

2. Cute little mug with homemade hot chocolate and marshmallows dipped and rolled in crushed candy canes....and then wrapped with a cute christmas cellophane

HELP, HELP, HELP

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Arlyah
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:22 PM

If you make a poll you will probably get more votes. I say stockings.

La parfaite valeur est de faire sans témoin ce qu'on serait capable de faire devant tout le monde. 

02nana07
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:23 PM

IF IT WERE ME I WOULD LIKE THE STOCKING BUT BOTH ARE GREAT IDEAS 

Keywi231
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:25 PM

the mug

Supervane
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:25 PM

I say mug with chocolate!

In my experience every single time I have gotten co-workers a mug with coffee, hot chocolate, or tea - they drink it on the spot and the mug becomes their new office mug! I usually try to find mugs I know they will like, like a favorite color, animal, scenery etc, I try to stay away from the santa or to holidayish mugs so they can keep on using them.

ETA: Since you seem pretty crafty, maybe you can consider crocheting a mug coaster. I know when I worked I was alway lacking a coaster on my desk...

RR_EK_WinterWonderladvanessa.jpg picture by supervane2004

MommiE8983
by McLovin on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:27 PM

#2!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

halleys_mommy_1
by +Logan on Dec. 15, 2009 at 9:59 AM

Quoting MommiE8983:

#2!

mommibee
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:01 AM

I think the stockings are a cute idea.  I love getting homemade gifts.  You could also put stuff in them other then candy.

25beengoodtome
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Sounds good! Much better than those pre-packaged gifts. 

~Marie - I'm Absolutely ADDICTED TO CAFEMOM - and loving it!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)