• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I the crzy one? be honest. vent...

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:26 PM
  • 31 Replies

Im so upset right now that this might not make much sense... ugh! I cant believe my husband just told me that I'M the crazy one not his ex girlfriend. Bet she'd LOOOVE that... ok so not that your confused... back story...

5 years ago I met my husband my freshman year of college at a party. I would stay in his dorm room a lot and the first few days we got together his ex would call from 7:30 in the morning and 5-10 more time through out the day. He would NEVER answer the phone. I was really concerned because I had A LOT of trust issues with men. Well he just kept telling me that if he ignored her she'd just go away and answering and telling her he had a new gf would just make it worse cuz she's crazy like that. Well a couple months later I was up really late and on his computer and he got an IM from her and I simply told her who I was and that he was sleeping. Well she wanted to talk and know who I was. Well I was really polite (wasnt the jealous type at the time) and we "got along" but that was that. I didnt egg on a relationship or friendship with her. Just a couple min convo about how she was his "former girlfriend". Well then she went away for awhile as far as I know. Then a few months later we were engaged and she started calling again. This time I was done... I answered his phone and said that we were engaged and that she shouldnt talk to him anymore and she got pissed and said well she was engaged to him first. A) They dated in high school for 4 years and he never told her he loved her once and B) I was the first girl he ever said he loved and ask to marry. He never he mentioned a future with her. So it was a complete jealous lie. Well then we ignored her again until she went away and a year later I had our first son. Well she got on IM again and I decided to play nice, AGIAN, and she started talking about my DH, me and our son shoudl all take a trip 3 states away and get together sometime the next spring. I was like... um.. ya... maybe.. (not!) And my Dh said "see! She's crazy n you should just ignore her!" Well DH and I broke up for awhile when my son was 3 months. She never made any contact with him form what I know. In the last 3 yrs she's been gone. (from what I know)

The story now... she gets on facebook and requests to be his bro's friend. (BTW, his WHOLE family hates her and made their lives hell) Now, one again I dont care but I went out with some girls that same night and someone started talking about their husband's crazy exes and I mentioned her. Well I was telling my DH about how I think I hit it off with these new girls and I told him about the convo and he gets mad at me and says that she's not crazy, and that Im crazy for obsessing about it! I wasnt obsessing! It happened that day and I mentioned it cuz it was the convo. He said it doesnt matter how it came up and when I went back over our history with her he made up a bunch of excuses for her like "she was just saying hi" and my personal fav was "she was just bored and making convo with someone"... He said Im crazy... Im just so upset because he stuck up for this ex that he hasnt been with in 6 yrs and that he's SPECIFFICALY told me that she was crazy over and over and was putting me down and saying I am the crazy one, not her... Sorry. Long and stupid.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mama_Kirch
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:39 PM

I guess since no one replied I am the crazy one...

my2sons2007
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:43 PM

I don't think you are crazy.  I think DH needs to step up and tell her enough is enough.  But i do have to wonder what would happen if you did just ignore her?  I mean you and DH. 

Mom to the loves of my life   

And Wife to the a wonderful man

tennisfanactic
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:44 PM

I'm sorry, not sure what to say. I am stuck on the part where you really believe that in the 4 years he dated her, he never told her he loved her. I just find that hard to believe...sorry.

Mama_Kirch
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:47 PM

I found it hard to believe too but the point of it was that they were never engaged. He still denies he ever told her but i dont care either way. I told my bf of 3 yrs in high school i loved him. big deal. haha

Quoting tennisfanactic:

I'm sorry, not sure what to say. I am stuck on the part where you really believe that in the 4 years he dated her, he never told her he loved her. I just find that hard to believe...sorry.

LuvmySFSGT
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Quoting tennisfanactic:

I agree.

It seems like she was "crazy" when it was convenient for him.

cherieb10
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Oh no, you are NOT!! the crazy one!!  My dh has an ex like that. Did you let him have it?? I sure would have!! 

BaisMom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:53 PM

I agree with your husband. You are the crazy one, for not IGNORING HER like he said you should. You wouldn't even be upset and making this post if you had listened in the first place.

The truth hurts.

Young and single. Call me a statistic if you'd like, it doesn't change the fact that I am a smart, strong, and confident mother. There are also a number of other things that you might not like about me: I breastfed AND formula fed. My daughter is on a delayed vax'ing schedule. I had a c-section. Organic food is nasty. I don't spank, but I do whoop ass. I let my daughter get hurt and make mistakes, I want her to learn through experience, it's the best way. I am an Atheist, my daughter has never been to church nor read the bible. I don't believe that I need to look to a "god" to have morals. I believe in reason, science, the Earth, and I believe in PEOPLE. Despite my heathen ways, I have a pure heart <3 and my daughter is healthy, smart, happy, beautiful, and loving; and she knows she's loved.

Mama_Kirch
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:55 PM

Ive heard stories from him that she did in high school too but Im not going by that cuz that wasnt my personal experience. I know his freshman year she almost convinced a girl kill herself because the girl liked my DH. I guess this girl like my DH and when his ex gf found out she wrote a note and told him to give it to her and he did without knowing what it said and apparently the girl got all depressed and tried to commit suicide. When he found out he was really upset about and and felt bad but didnt break up with her for whatever reason. But I wasnt there for that and that was WAAAY in the past.

meghan451
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:03 AM

you know honestly, i'd be more concered about why all of the sudden your husband doesn't think she's the crazy one... 

CafeMom Tickers
LuvmySFSGT
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Quoting meghan451:

you know honestly, i'd be more concered about why all of the sudden your husband doesn't think she's the crazy one... 

Yep. Especially since she is also all the sudden adding his brother to Facebook.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)