Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

31 weeks and spotting *update*

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:31 PM
  • 7 Replies

Im 31 weeks and spotting. I  just noticed this afternoon and idr what color it was  and this evening its   more reddish than brown. its not much but its still there and  the toilet paper is kinda tinted pink but not the toilet water or anything. Im nervous.   I was  having back cramps last thursday and saturday but nothing to bad and last night  i was having pretty bad back cramps. not back pain  but   kinda like mild cramps when i have my period. And then we had sex too. not rough or anything.

but its been about 24 hours and im still spoting a little. Its my first pregnancy. do i need to go to the  hospital!?

i called l&d and they told me to drink  more water (* which ive been chugging all day) and to lay on my left side and if it got worse to call back

thanks for the advice ladies im gonna crawl into bed and    try to relax

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
armywifenmom09
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:33 PM

I would go... just to be safe... you can never be too careful... 

SpcCraftsWife
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:34 PM

you should at least call L&D and see what they think about it

DeLaina,  Wife of SPC Jonathan Craft <3, Mama to daughter Natalee Michelle- 18 months,  and baker of one little bun in the oven-8 weeks!

Juliekat23
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Call your doctor first thing in the morning or go to the er.  That doesn't sound good.  Any time there is blood in the 2nd or 3rd tri, you are supposed to call your doc.

If there was blood and cramping before having sex, I say ER.  If it started after sex, that may be what triggered it and then, I say doctor in the morning.

If the cramps get really bad though, go in NOW.

CafeMom Tickers

CAarmywife
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:36 PM

ya u need to go to labour and delivery. when i spotted/bled in my first pregnancy early on i was told whenever u see blood when u are pregnant u go right to the hospital. good luck

wsv777

It most likely from sex If you can call your OB or wait till the am and go in just for reassurance. Good Luck

armywifenmom09

Speaking of which why did you not call your dr today, OP?

Quoting Juliekat23:

Call your doctor first thing in the morning or go to the er.  That doesn't sound good.  Any time there is blood in the 2nd or 3rd tri, you are supposed to call your doc.

If there was blood and cramping before having sex, I say ER.  If it started after sex, that may be what triggered it and then, I say doctor in the morning.

If the cramps get really bad though, go in NOW.

mommyajay
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:39 PM

i did  not think much of it till this evening when  i went to the bathroom I was wearing panties from the evening before and figured it may have been leftover from sex or something becuase i know its normal to bleed a little after sex.  and  the clean panties i was wearing were tinged. its not very much but it still worries me. im looking up the number for l&d now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)