Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tattoo him or no

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:32 PM
  • 33 Replies

ok i hear people saying they wouldnt get there husband's name on them cuz on the off chance they broke up they would be stuck wtih it foever. an some people say getting his name is a bad omen. my question is instead of getting his name if u get something tht reminds u of him would tht still be considered a bad omen? and would anyone consider getting something that resembles him on ur army or is that still a no no? just wondering cuz i want something on my arm of my husband.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Davids_Wife1307
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:33 PM

I have my DH's name tattooed on me and he has my name tattooed on him =) 

newmomat22
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:35 PM

see ur the first person who said they have his name everyone i know said oh hell no bad omen lol i dont think it is but to each there own 

TessyCat
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:36 PM

Personally I wouldn't ever put their name on me but my DH and I plan to get matching symbols if we can ever agree on something LOL that way even if it doesn't work I'm not stuck like my dad, who has a chick's name on his arm from highschool LMAO

celticreverie

We have similar tattoos. Both of our tattoos say "I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine" written in Gaelic. The design of the tattoo is different though. :)

We may get wedding bands tattooed since he cant wear his to work.

ANandLPsMom

I have DF's name tattooed on my wrist. I got it done almost 2 yrs ago. Even if we split, he was still VERY much an important part of my life. And he's the father of my daughter.. So I don't see the problem with it. 

I'm a breast & formula feeding, disposable diapering, CIO as a last optioning, babywearing & stroller pushing, selective vaxing, prolife, anti circing, doula loving, working out of home, crazy sock loving, dog & cat having, hair-covering, Allah fearing, hand-sewing, exotic name loving, spanking, time-outing, speak-before-you-think, cyst having, history-loving, online-schooling, you have your own opinions so let me have mine, reverted Muslim mommy of 2 gorgeous biracial girls with different fathers.

supermom985
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:38 PM

I wouldnt get him name but i would get somthing that reminds me of him. I had a bad relationship with my ex and i knew i didnt wanna be with him and he knew it , and to try and make it better he got my name on him really big and behind my back. When i saw it I was sooo mad and we broke up a few weeks later and now it makes me sick to see my name on him. lol

Ebony63
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Dh and I both have a chinese symbol on the back of our necks. Mine says eternal and his says love. We did not want to do the name thing. 

newmomat22
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:39 PM

thats nice is it possable i can see a pic of that. my husband an me like that 

Quoting celticreverie:

We have similar tattoos. Both of our tattoos say "I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine" written in Gaelic. The design of the tattoo is different though. :)

We may get wedding bands tattooed since he cant wear his to work.

Davids_Wife1307
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:40 PM

We don't believe in the "bad omen" associated with it lol. It's not like just because we got a tattoo that our marriage is DOOMED! lol

Quoting newmomat22:

see ur the first person who said they have his name everyone i know said oh hell no bad omen lol i dont think it is but to each there own 

ForeverMeme
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:40 PM

I do have my hubbys name on the top of my left wrist with a long stemmed rose bud and I love it and would never regret it but I do what pleases me and not what someone says I should or shouldn't do. Life is too short. Do what makes YOU happy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)