Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so i was thinkin...

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:44 PM
  • 14 Replies

i dont really have any REAL friends.  i've grown apart from all my friends from high school because i've become WAY more liberal than they have. most of the girls that i know now either have no children and cant relate to a lot of things and obligations in my life, or they have children but arent in a relationship (as i am) and spend thier time looking for men. the only person i can really call a friend at all is a girl that i've known since high school and our relationship comes and goes depending on who she is dating and who she is pretending to be at the time. she's always herself around me, but if anyone else is around, her personality changes drastically to some stereotypical version of what she thinks the other people want her to be....it gets old FAST.

i'm often loud, sarcstic, and blunt. i get along so much better with men, but it's kinda hard to hang out with guy friends when you're in a relationship. i just seem to be every different from most every female i meet. why is it so freakin hard to find a good friend?!?!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momwith2monkeys
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:49 PM

hell i don't know. i only have one friend too. everyone else i know or hang out with are the wife of hubby friends and i really don't like them because they are kinda weird. but honestly bitches hate me. every women i have ever meet has always hated on me. so since i was in high school i have only had this one friend. I think they either hate me because they are jealous or because i am blunt and tell it like it is

pageantgirl3
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:51 PM

I wish I had one friend. I don't live near anyone but my hubbies family. I get pretty bored and normally 99% of my friends were guys. So there's the main problem, my hubby doesn't feel comfortable with me hanging out with other guys.

Heather
Herbalife Independent Distributor, Air Force wife, WAHM to two beautiful babies.
Join us in Herbalife Weight Loss Support Group

susie.stacy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:52 PM

i know the feeling! heck, i am 31 though!!! i have 3 kids under 3.5 yrs old so that plays a huge part in it! it would be great to have a pal to hang out with every now and then but my only involvement with the real world is facebook or cafe mom!!!!!!! 

You can change the world with one random act of kindness at a time.

kk_bella
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:53 PM

I don't know. I've never had trouble making friends. I've always had trouble making the right friends.

When i was younger, I ended up with a lot of LOSER friends.

Kahne
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:55 PM

I have found my "true" friends and lasting ones....as I have grown older.  www.31giftsparty.com

Kahne Witham - Thirty-One Indep. Consultant

www.31giftsparty.com

kaidansmylife
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:56 PM

HA i think your "friend" is my "friend" you described her to the T, except you left out excessive slut! why is it so hard for people to just be them, and not worry about whos going to accept you, if they dont accept you for who you ARE then they arnt worth your time anyways! i mean am i wrong to think that way??

MamaTasha08
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Same here.  I've always gotten along with guys better.  I was friends with a lot of guys at work when I was dating my husband.  As soon as I got engaged most of them ditched me.  Either because they were waiting around trying to date me or because they thought it was akward to hang out with a girl who was engaged.  Since I actually got married and became a SAHM I litterally have one friend.  I keep in touch with my friends from high school and college on FB and myspace and we sometimes talk on the phone.  But I don't live near any of them and I'm not close to them at all.

LoriaAnn
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:10 AM

i think we have the same friend then...cause she is definately a slut....we cant even go to wal-mart without he runing into someoe she's slept with, literally...lol

Quoting kaidansmylife:

HA i think your "friend" is my "friend" you described her to the T, except you left out excessive slut! why is it so hard for people to just be them, and not worry about whos going to accept you, if they dont accept you for who you ARE then they arnt worth your time anyways! i mean am i wrong to think that way??

LoriaAnn
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:12 AM

yep...everybody seems to think im a bitch....im really a cool laid back person, i just dont sugar coat anything

Quoting momwith2monkeys:

hell i don't know. i only have one friend too. everyone else i know or hang out with are the wife of hubby friends and i really don't like them because they are kinda weird. but honestly bitches hate me. every women i have ever meet has always hated on me. so since i was in high school i have only had this one friend. I think they either hate me because they are jealous or because i am blunt and tell it like it is

kaidansmylife
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:38 AM

HAHA yes exactly, she even goes as far as makeing ME hide, from whoever it is that she sees that she slept with, because she "doesnt want them to think she wants them again" ummm HELLO im not the 1 who laid down and did the dirty with this fool, you are why do i have to hide too? lol

Quoting LoriaAnn:

i think we have the same friend then...cause she is definately a slut....we cant even go to wal-mart without he runing into someoe she's slept with, literally...lol

Quoting kaidansmylife:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)