Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welly welly

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:56 PM
  • 4 Replies

One thing that aggravates me more than anything is when musicians represent for New Orleans and didn't help anyone after Katrina. I lived there after the storm, I saw the aftermath and many of my friends lost everything in it. Never asked for a hand out. Its not about that it about putting your money where your mouth is. It just pisses me off. Thanks for reading.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
cherieb10
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:03 AM

I live 30 minutes from New Orleans. I have seen and did experience loss from Katrina. The one thing I don't understand, is that why was Louisiana asking for all this help to rebuild, when Mississippi rebuilt, without barely any help from the goverment? That just amazes me.   

kk_bella
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:08 AM

I don't know anything about that but I ♥ Harry Connick.

In bed.

NOLAmom720
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Quoting cherieb10:

I live 30 minutes from New Orleans. I have seen and did experience loss from Katrina. The one thing I don't understand, is that why was Louisiana asking for all this help to rebuild, when Mississippi rebuilt, without barely any help from the goverment? That just amazes me.   

I think a lot of it has to do with the area that were flooded like the 9th ward.

cherieb10
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:20 AM

Quoting NOLAmom720:

Quoting cherieb10:

I think a lot of it has to do with the area that were flooded like the 9th ward.

I'm not sure. I live in Houma which is like 30 minutes, southwest of New Olreans. Katrina sure gave us our fair share.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)