Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Lunch Ideas for my 1 year old

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2009 at 4:57 PM
  • 9 Replies

I need some new and hopefully healthy lunch and snack ideas for my one year old. She eats everything except citrus,fish, and peanut butter. She doesn't like eggs. I am trying to make menu's for the week to cut down on food costs. Thanks, sorry this isn't an interesting post lol but I still need help.

by on Dec. 20, 2009 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
corbenleesmama
by on Dec. 20, 2009 at 4:59 PM

I would like some new ideas also!! One of my sons favorite is chicken nuggets with veggies!

purplemoosemom
by on Dec. 20, 2009 at 5:00 PM

My 15 month old eats:  Cereal, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, egg salad/tuna salads sandwiches, cheese w/crackers and fruit, soups, grilled cheese, leftover dinners, pastas, etc.  One of my kids favorites--one that they ALL LOVE is spaghetti carbonara.  I cook it using one pot and it's DEVOURED by my entire family.  It has bacon, eggs, parmesan cheese, and spaghetti noodles in it.  Super easy.  Mac and cheese, I make homemade, she lvoes that.  Grilled chicken breasts, beef and noodles, etc. 

Chick
by on Dec. 20, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Funny, I was just thinking the same question and thinking about posting a thread called What does your one year old eat?

I need breakfast ideas more so than lunch, he eats what we eat, only breakfast is hard bc I am not feeding him eggs or cereal yet (dry cereal for snacks but not as a meal for breakfast).

As for you, this may help. This is what I did with my dd and am now with my ds.

Tonight I am making homemade mac n chz and mashed potatoes and will store in small containers (tuppaware, baby food jars, ice cub trays, whatever ya got)  about half of it (I make sure to make a lot). So I can just take out and thaw him some in a few minutes whenever he can't eat what we are. I do that with spaghetti, ghoulash (my dd's fav as a baby), any kind of pasta or potatoes, and when we are eating a a vegetable he will not eat whole but will eat pureed, I just put in the food processor and freeze that way. Any kind of casserole the kids love and freezes well. Like cheesy broccoli and chicken casserole I will do tomorow night. My son devours mashed potatoes and will not touch his other food, so I mix up the vegetables in it and he never seems to care. You can also make the mashed potatoes with mashed up broccoli and couliflour and you can hardly tell they are in there.

You can buy a bag of frozen chicken tenders (raw, not the crappy kind) and just season them and bake in some chicken broth, or saute in less than 10 minutes on the stove maybe with some zuchini and squash and that can be your lunch too, maybe over a salad for you. Its super quick and easy.

mousesmommy81
by on Dec. 20, 2009 at 5:27 PM

For lunch my daughter and I usually eat whatever we have leftover from dinner the night before or we will eat sandwiches..

navytoddler girl

PollyMarie
by on Dec. 20, 2009 at 5:29 PM

IDK bc I'm not there yet but I'll bump for you!

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."  "Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten."~ Lilo and stitch

I'm mom to 2 angel babies and one little Miss Bellamie Mashay.  I prefer breastfeeding but as long as you feed your child, I don't care how you do it.  I prefer cloth diapers but will use disposables when traveling.  I understand that every child is different and everyone parents differently.  I am not pro nor anti spanking.  I believe all else should be tried before spanking.  I prefer to focus on the positive than the negative.  I am a SAHM but I'm passionate about teaching children of any age at any learning level.  I believe that people can and do change.  I love and support a recovering abusive alcoholic that suffers from depression.  I am a survivor.

MommaJoP
by on Dec. 20, 2009 at 5:29 PM

When my girls were just starting with finger foods, and I was having trouble getting meat into their diets.  I went into the deli at Walmart and asked for a thick slice(1/4 to 1/2 inch thick) of turkey or ham.  I then cut it into small pieces and it worked great.  Deli sliced meat is more tender than most, and they didn't have any problems mushing it with there gums.

phoeber
by on Dec. 20, 2009 at 5:46 PM

My 1 year old LOVES and I do mean LOVES beans. That is her all time favorite food.

So I like to make her bean and cheese burritos (then cut into small pieces)

she likes fruit with every meal bananas are her favorite breakfast food.

French toast with whole grain bread and home made fresh fruit puree for the syrup

home made mac and cheese with veggies and meat mixed into it

soup! She loves soup her favorite is veggie or chicken noodle.

shrimp poppers

soft tacos

any kind of potato (mashed, baked, fried, cheesy, scalloped, exc...)

my daughter basically eats everything there is to eat but these are her favs. good luck

reelo
by on Dec. 20, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Cheese and crackers

cheese sandwhiches cut into thin strips, also workd for quesadillas.

Leftovers cut into pieces

Sunbutter (made with sunflower seeds used like peanut butter)

pasta (my kiddo loves plain ravioli and tortellini but plain pasta works too or put a little butter, parmasan and herbs on it)

Fruit and cheese.

My kiddo likes eggs, so things like quiches and souffles are great for a brunch-ish meal.

LilyGiannaMommy
by on Dec. 20, 2009 at 9:48 PM

thank you everyone. I think I will try the beans tomorrow. It is her birthday and because her party was canceled yesterday due to the storm, I want to make her a really good dinner. For dinner tonight she actually ate broccoli rabe and loved it, which is so odd because a lot of people don't like it due to the bitterness.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)